Ratings for Dr. Judy Weiss

My mom goes to Dr. Weiss and I have to say I have found her very indecisive. Her staff is rude and seems sometimes a little annoyed, snotty, and obnoxious. In addition to that, my moms been going there for several years for the same thing and dr weiss STILL hasnt made a diagnosis!! because of what dr weiss says she is very certain is rheumatoid arthritis my mom cant work and cant get disability because she hasnt been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. All Dr. Weiss has done is give my mom tons of different prescriptions to see if they work. It's causing alot of problems and my mom is getting very annoyed and upset about it. We DEFINITELY wont recommend her to ANYBODY!!! and we are most certainly going to go get a second opinion. My mom needs a diagnosis not a pill. My dad doesnt make alot of money and there are 9 people(most minors) that have to live off that one persons small income. We're getting behind in bills and cant afford to waste time on "maybe lets try this drug"

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Weiss since 1988 and I have to tell I just love her and her staff. They are always there for me when I am in pain and always have been so helpful to me. I will always be her patient. Referred quite a few people who feel the same way. I am so thankful!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

great doctor, poor staff, some patients who reviewed this doctor having a difficult time acknowledging his/her illness

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

They don't get any better than this! Genie is worth her weight in gold! They bent over backwards going above and beyond getting me my JRA meds as cheap as possible. Dr. Weiss is very caring, knowledgeable and NON condescending. I wish they could treat me for all of my medical needs. -frank

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Dynamic, multi-level Dr. Weiss!! 6 wk wait worth it for 2nd opinion/ did my homework/ intuitive/flexibile, time to think & digest/good humor/. Took time to understand me//right on staff!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

The staff are unprofessional and rude. My spouse heard them send someone home insisting that they had the wrong day. The couple said that they had the right day. Then with the next appointment they had the same conversation with another couple once again insisting that these people were wrong and they too had to leave. The medical assistant is rude and emotionally abusive. If you care about your rights, think twice.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. Weiss takes her time and I feel she is very through in examining me. She does not like wasting time and asks many questions, repeating my answers back to me to make certain she heard me correctly. She gives me options and tells me if she agrees with my choices. She also is very good about returning my calls; and she calls personally to give me the results of any tests or scans I have had. I feel she listens to me and does not treat me like I am just another "fifteen minute spot," in the day to be filled. My only complaint would be that the waiting room time is quite long, it gets longer as the day goes on. However, if she treats all her paitents as she treats me I can understand how she gets behind in her day.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Knowledgeable, willing to keep trying, wants to know about you & your specific situation, what has worked & not worked, caring, if something doesn't work for you will trying to find something that does, looks for medications that will work including off label uses. Expects you to be in a partnership with her over your healthcare and to ask questions. Seems abrupt at first until you get to know her. Definitely take a written list of pros and cons of meds and results and present it to her at the beginning of your appointment and changes since your last appointment and you'll get along great. Hubby and I love her, especially after having Kaiser Rheumatologists make us wait 2 months to get in and then say they could do nothing for us. She had me able to get down in the floor and play with my grandsons within six months of seeing her with a change of medicines. Awesome lady! Staff is friendly, helpful, and phone accessible. They have been there a long time which says a lot in a good way.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Weiss is an incredible Dr. She has always been very knowledgeable, kind and very to the point. When she does not know she will admit to it and seek assistance. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I realize it takes some time to diagnosis, and often longer to find the right medication that works for you personally. I am happy with my relationship with Dr Judy Weiss, and feel she always listens to me, and is frank and honest with her opinions. That's what I want in a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Judy Weiss's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

• BCBS Illinois