Ratings for Dr. Damian B. Mallat

Dr. Mallat is one the best GI Dr.'s and pancreas specialist in the state. He has done more to help me than any Dr I have seen. He is very professional and caring, and he and his excellent staff have have gone above and beyond to support me for over 3 yrs. They are quick and responsive to my requests. I can truly recommend them with confidence.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Our college freshman became ill with significant pain and difficulty swallowing while away at school in Dallas. We were afraid she was going to end up in the ER but she called Dr Mallat's office and requested an urgent appointment. Even with his packed schedule, he saw her within the hour! He scheduled testing for the next day and in less than 24 hours from her original call to his office she had a diagnosis and a treatment plan! WOW! We are so very thankful to Dr Mallat for taking care of our daughter and getting her on the road to recovery! Thank you Dr Mallat!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I have been using Dr Mallat for over 15 years. I credit him with saving my life. I had become jaundice and it gotten to a serious state and the hospital couldn’t perform the needed surgery, because of a previous surgery and my Doctor stayed up all night until he found Dr Mallat. He transferred me to Dallas. Dr Mallat had to work with a surgeon to get to the gallstones,but he immediately devised a plan to remove them and preceded to do so. I used him numerous times, and yes he’s alway busy, but the best always are. I’ve had the opportunity to sit and talk with others who have travelled from numerous states to use Dr Mallat. They agree he’s a great Dr and saved them great pain and saved their lives. It troubles me to read these negative comments about Dr Mallat. I just want him to know I thank him along with my family and we will continue to to take advantage of his great talents as long as he lets us .

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Was referred to Dr Mallat by me pcp. Waited in a cramped overflowing waiting room (I counted 25 people still waiting for appts at 4:15 in the afternoon) for nearly an hour before being moved back into an exam room where another patient was waiting also. When I was finally called from that room, I was taken next door to Dr Mallat's office/exam room, where he sat behind his desk waiting for patients to be brought into him one after the other. He asked me some questions, but didn't seem to care about my responses. He felt my stomach for a couple seconds while I was sitting in a chair and that was the EXTENT of his exam. Never even took vitals. Ridiculous! Took some blood work and scheduled a colonoscopy. Felt very uneasy in his dirty waiting and exam rooms. Several patients in the waiting room said they never see him for more that 15 min. I thought surely this wouldn't be the case with a new referred patient, but they were definitely correct. Feels like he is running a mill and insurance billing is his key focus. Going for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr Mallat may be good, however, contending with his staff has been a nightmare. They are unresponsive, uncaring, and do not followup on their promises. They billed me incorrectly and it has taken 3 months to resolve the issue. During that time the bill went to a collection agency and the staff doesn't seem to care. Dr. Mallat is not available and will not respond to requests for engagement to resolve. He charged me for a visit to correct the problem that he created. Will never deal with him again!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

This Dr is very rude as well as his staff. He is always late for any appt or procedure!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I was recommended to Dr. Mallat by my general physician. I have never had such a terrible experience. After making me wait, he finally walks in and has the most disinterested attitude. I felt like he wasn't even listening to my answers to his questions. After 5 minutes of essentially having a conversation with myself, I'm taken to his scheduler to set up a scope appointment. This individual decided at one point to take a phone call and proceeds to start gossiping with her friend while I'm still sitting there, waiting for my followup to be scheduled. I decided to not even bother scheduling the appointment. I received no future calls from them. However, I did get a collection call today for $40 I apparently owed him for his 5 minutes of disinterest. $40 and he sends it to a collection agency. Next time I go to my general physician, I'm telling him he shouldn't refer any patient he remotely care about to this horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

To say this experience has been a nightmare is being nice. I was referred to Dr Mallat for him to do a procedure to find out why I was having intense pain. Trying to get the procedure scheduled took calling his office for a little over a week, then on the day of the procedure Dr Mallat showed up an hour and half after the scheduled time which left me waiting for several hours. It took him over 2 months to get the results to my Dr after weeks of run around and my Dr.s office being sent the wrong patient information, when the final report did arrive it was only 2 sentences prompting my Dr to ask me if Dr Mallat was even the Dr who preformed the procedure. It took my regualr Dr having to threaten to call Dr Mallat before the correct results werre even sent. Needless to say my Dr. said he would never again refer to Dr. Mallat. My regular Dr.s office staff stated that Dr. Mallats office staff is extremely slow and weeks to get even small tasks completed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

I finally found a doctor that listened! Unfortunately, lots of damage has been done to my pancreas from misdiagnosis. I have full faith in Dr Mallat and his treatment plan. I have been able to eat again, and live with minimal pain! When surgery beyond my current stints are required...I would not trust anyone else to be the Dr in charge of my care.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I have used Dr. Mallat since June 2004. Great Doctor, very caring and always very helpful. Has helped me to be able to manage my pain. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Damian B. Mallat's Credentials

• Med Sch Of Peres, Antonins, Beirut, Lebanon (Lebanese Univ Coll Of Med) (Grad. 1993)