Ratings for Dr. John R. Mathias

Great if you want to see someone who plays doctor! He is inappropriate in his charting mixing his own personal opinions of a patient over charting medical information . Knowledgeable but his know it all attitude gets in the way. He does not respond to questionable test results nor shares them with his patient / family. Patients take second place to his frequent medical trips.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr Mathias is one of the best doctors around and I am very pleased on how he takes the time to explain the issues that a person has to detail. He has really helped me out considerably but it's just a shame to have to deal with his staff. Chicky is just a very rude person and makes it almost impossible for someone to call or even return to his office to seek care. Dr Mathias you are an exceptional doctor but please invest in a program that will teach your staff how to handle your patients in a professional manner.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Mathias was referred to me as my Gastroenterologist immediately following my endo surgery. He specializes endometriosis disease. I did not schedule an appt. right away, as instructed. I procrastinated and shortly thereafter my stomach pain intensified to a degree of no return. It felt like my stomach was about to explode. Every time I ate something, I felt worse so I finally scheduled an appt with Dr. Mathis. After following the strict diet and supplements given, my stomach was pain-free within 2 days. It was like a miracle. I couldn't believe that changing one's diet would alleviate so much pain. Dr. Mathis is heaven sent. He is an incredible physician and excellent in his field.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

When I went to see Dr Mathias I felt like I was going to die. I kept losing weight, was in constant pain and could barely get out of my recliner. I lived on a heating pad and at 34 needed help to stand up, most days. He healed me! He found out what was wrong and healed me. No other doctor I went to could but he did. I thank him for his wisdom and knowledge and for caring enough. He is a great doctor and a great man. I refer people no where else, but to Dr. Mathias.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Mathias by another Dr. I'very called multiple times and no one answers the phone. I've left messages stating I wanted to make an appointment, but no one has ever called me back. I guess they do not want new patients. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Great doctor, very knowledgable. Provides very well care for his patients & really explains in depth.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Having been a patient of Dr Mathias's over 20 years I can say he saved my life, literally. I have never had any problems with office staff, even if I had been held up due to traffic for an OV considering I drive from out of state 5-6 hr drive. As a young mother years ago there came a point that if I had not taken my health issues into my hands that I could not have functioned much longer. Thanks to Dr Mathias and his staff I can had the chance to continue on with life: the good stuff: grandchildren. TL

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Mathias is knowledgeable and does care about his patients' quality of life; however, his staff, especially the receptionist, is disgraceful. They never answer the phone, and admitted to never listening to the voicemail they receive. In addition, when you do reach them, they are, arrogant, condescending, and just plain rude, and go out of their way to NOT help you. I only put up with the staff because I want to be in Dr. Mathias's care. If he were just an OK doctor, I would not have returned after the 1st visit. Only see him if you're desperate; otherwise, go where the staff will be just as supportive as the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr. Mathias is a blessing from God. I saw so many GI doctors and no one could understand what was happening in my digestive system. Finally another doctor was honest enough to admit he couldn't help me, but he knew someone who could do it: Dr. Mathias. Staff is great, except for a couple of ladies with no patience, lots of arrogance and rude manners. Personally I think I can tolerate those ladies just because they work for one of the best doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Great doctor who gives the needed information and seems to have a greater grasp of the underlying causes than most doctors.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. John R. Mathias's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)