Ratings for Dr. David Morgenthau

The secretary was helpful but she couldn't do anything about the two hour wait to see Dr. Morganthau. Other patients told me that they have waited up to three hours. This is totally unacceptable. I couldn't book Wheel Trans because I had no idea when I would actually be able to see him so I ended up having to take a taxi with my wheelchair. I would rate Dr. Morganthau a 0 for punctuality and helpfulness. He didn't know me at all but since he couldn't figure out the source of my problem, he declared it was all in my head and he could recommend a few psychiatrists. I wonder how many men he has told it was all in their head. I suspect the answer is 0. I have had very longstanding health problems and as far as I know, he never consulted my family doctor and had no basis for his diagnosis. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone especially if you are a woman.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Omg I thought I was the only one its so true he is not a good doctor at all you talk to him and he has his eyes closed he does not explain to you at all im in limbo fir he prescribed me gabapentin for my back problems dont know how he got this remedy from this medication is intended for epliepsy and he said its to help my nerve endings im reallt confused dont want to see him any longer stil on gabapentin want to get of them I really dont get how some people review him as a gopd doctor soo untrue please stay as far away from this guy for in my opinion he should not be practising as a neurologist he should be reported a.s.a.p

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

This man is something else! same old tricks every time I go in, pricks, makes me walk back and forth and then goes back to his computer to have a quick nap to figure out what to say. He can care less about what you have to say to him, as long as you stay on the drug he is paid to prescribe you can just make another yearly appointment, for 14 years this man has offered me nothing but disappointment. It is so frustrating and saddening that these are the type of "world class neurologists" we MS'rs have to deal with. He is merely a legal drug dealer

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I only gave 1 star because it doesn't allow the option to give a 0. Like many other reviewers I have found him to be completely rude and indifferent. He calls patients in but will not hold the door open for those in wheelchairs. He took a sales call while a room full of patients were waiting hours to be seen. He dismisses any naturopathic advice I'd received and does nothing but push the unaffordable drugs that will continue to make him rich. If you question or disagree with his opinion, he will advise that you find another neurologist. All in all, I've been seeing this doctor a couple of times a year for the past 2 years. The only treatment has been him tickling the bottom of my foot with his pen. He is the last person I'd recommend if you're looking for a place of support and specified attention to your needs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have seen this doctor for almost 8 years now as I have epilepsy. To be honest he is DEFINITELY rude, impatient, and often seems uninterested. The appointments ALWAYS run 2 hours late, in fact I had to give up my turn because a lady with alzheimer's had been there before me and she was getting restless (she had been there for 3 hours). If you have an appointment, make sure to take the day off. Would never recommend, but he does seem like he knows the latest research etc., so I haven't even bothered to change doctors since I only see him once a year which I can endure. OMG Has anyone commented about his grumpy secretary? She is by far the most rude receptionist I have ever met, it just seems like she hates her life. In conclusion, they are both a match made in heaven.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Great Neurologist except for punctuality which is no issue to me if iI want to see the best Doctor to treat me. Very thorough in his dealings with patients thus takes longer and must be the cause for delay.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Had an apointment at 12:40 pm left his office at 2 pm still had not been called in from waiting room reason I left is there was a patient who's apointment was 11:15 am that still had not been seen that day

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

My multiple experiences with this practitioner have always been unsatisfactory. Although MRI confirmed advanced DDD for my age, he failed to provide any support options on how I can manage this condition to improve my quality of life. For more than 4 years I've had to cope with chronic pain in the neck, back and arms, muscle weakness, tingling and numbness of arms and hands. His only recommendation was an insincere and off the cuff remark of 'try physiotherapy', and nothing else. Unfortunately, my previous physician left their practice in Canada, and I was referred (regrettably) to Dr. Morgenthau. He lacks interpersonal skills and comes across as cold and uncaring, and in general, I find him disingenuous.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

As I read the previous comments, it's almost like there are two people. The Dr. Morgenthau I met was a 10 out 10. Extremely patient, courteous, very knowledgeable, very thorough, etc. The experience overall was the absolute best with practically no wait time. I would certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013