Ratings for Dr. David Morgenthau

As a doctor, he is very good. He takes his time examining his patients, tries to analyze the situation and the type of seizures I have during all my appointments with him, and answers all my questions and concerns. However, the waiting time in his office is horrific. The last time I had an appointment with him, I came an hour + late and still had to wait for two and a half hours to see him, even though I had seizures the whole time I was waiting for my turn. At least he apologized for such a long waiting time.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Wait times are ridiculous. Overbooked and never on time.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I saw Dr. Morgenthau for 3 years. It was a dreadful experience - waited for at least 1 or 1.5 hours each time. After all that waiting, he acts like he's doing me a favour by listening to my health problems. In addition, he doesn't take anything seriously. For instance, when I told him that I think my seizures are causing memory problems, he waved it aside and said, ah, that's because I am getting older. I was referred to him by a walk-in clinic. I encourage everyone looking to find a neurologist or to provide feedback to call Epilepsy Toronto since they seem to gather feedback (including about this doctor) and can provide you with quite accurate recommendations.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

All the bad reviews here dont reflect my experience with him. Diagnosed a 4 month issue in 30 minutes. Great experience so far.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

The secretary was helpful but she couldn't do anything about the two hour wait to see Dr. Morganthau. Other patients told me that they have waited up to three hours. This is totally unacceptable. I couldn't book Wheel Trans because I had no idea when I would actually be able to see him so I ended up having to take a taxi with my wheelchair. I would rate Dr. Morganthau a 0 for punctuality and helpfulness. He didn't know me at all but since he couldn't figure out the source of my problem, he declared it was all in my head and he could recommend a few psychiatrists. I wonder how many men he has told it was all in their head. I suspect the answer is 0. I have had very longstanding health problems and as far as I know, he never consulted my family doctor and had no basis for his diagnosis. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone especially if you are a woman.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Omg I thought I was the only one its so true he is not a good doctor at all you talk to him and he has his eyes closed he does not explain to you at all im in limbo fir he prescribed me gabapentin for my back problems dont know how he got this remedy from this medication is intended for epliepsy and he said its to help my nerve endings im reallt confused dont want to see him any longer stil on gabapentin want to get of them I really dont get how some people review him as a gopd doctor soo untrue please stay as far away from this guy for in my opinion he should not be practising as a neurologist he should be reported a.s.a.p

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

This man is something else! same old tricks every time I go in, pricks, makes me walk back and forth and then goes back to his computer to have a quick nap to figure out what to say. He can care less about what you have to say to him, as long as you stay on the drug he is paid to prescribe you can just make another yearly appointment, for 14 years this man has offered me nothing but disappointment. It is so frustrating and saddening that these are the type of "world class neurologists" we MS'rs have to deal with. He is merely a legal drug dealer

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I only gave 1 star because it doesn't allow the option to give a 0. Like many other reviewers I have found him to be completely rude and indifferent. He calls patients in but will not hold the door open for those in wheelchairs. He took a sales call while a room full of patients were waiting hours to be seen. He dismisses any naturopathic advice I'd received and does nothing but push the unaffordable drugs that will continue to make him rich. If you question or disagree with his opinion, he will advise that you find another neurologist. All in all, I've been seeing this doctor a couple of times a year for the past 2 years. The only treatment has been him tickling the bottom of my foot with his pen. He is the last person I'd recommend if you're looking for a place of support and specified attention to your needs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have seen this doctor for almost 8 years now as I have epilepsy. To be honest he is DEFINITELY rude, impatient, and often seems uninterested. The appointments ALWAYS run 2 hours late, in fact I had to give up my turn because a lady with alzheimer's had been there before me and she was getting restless (she had been there for 3 hours). If you have an appointment, make sure to take the day off. Would never recommend, but he does seem like he knows the latest research etc., so I haven't even bothered to change doctors since I only see him once a year which I can endure. OMG Has anyone commented about his grumpy secretary? She is by far the most rude receptionist I have ever met, it just seems like she hates her life. In conclusion, they are both a match made in heaven.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Great Neurologist except for punctuality which is no issue to me if iI want to see the best Doctor to treat me. Very thorough in his dealings with patients thus takes longer and must be the cause for delay.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014