Ratings for Dr. David Morgenthau

This man is something else! same old tricks every time I go in, pricks, makes me walk back and forth and then goes back to his computer to have a quick nap to figure out what to say. He can care less about what you have to say to him, as long as you stay on the drug he is paid to prescribe you can just make another yearly appointment, for 14 years this man has offered me nothing but disappointment. It is so frustrating and saddening that these are the type of "world class neurologists" we MS'rs have to deal with. He is merely a legal drug dealer

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I only gave 1 star because it doesn't allow the option to give a 0. Like many other reviewers I have found him to be completely rude and indifferent. He calls patients in but will not hold the door open for those in wheelchairs. He took a sales call while a room full of patients were waiting hours to be seen. He dismisses any naturopathic advice I'd received and does nothing but push the unaffordable drugs that will continue to make him rich. If you question or disagree with his opinion, he will advise that you find another neurologist. All in all, I've been seeing this doctor a couple of times a year for the past 2 years. The only treatment has been him tickling the bottom of my foot with his pen. He is the last person I'd recommend if you're looking for a place of support and specified attention to your needs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have seen this doctor for almost 8 years now as I have epilepsy. To be honest he is DEFINITELY rude, impatient, and often seems uninterested. The appointments ALWAYS run 2 hours late, in fact I had to give up my turn because a lady with alzheimer's had been there before me and she was getting restless (she had been there for 3 hours). If you have an appointment, make sure to take the day off. Would never recommend, but he does seem like he knows the latest research etc., so I haven't even bothered to change doctors since I only see him once a year which I can endure. OMG Has anyone commented about his grumpy secretary? She is by far the most rude receptionist I have ever met, it just seems like she hates her life. In conclusion, they are both a match made in heaven.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Great Neurologist except for punctuality which is no issue to me if iI want to see the best Doctor to treat me. Very thorough in his dealings with patients thus takes longer and must be the cause for delay.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Had an apointment at 12:40 pm left his office at 2 pm still had not been called in from waiting room reason I left is there was a patient who's apointment was 11:15 am that still had not been seen that day

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

My multiple experiences with this practitioner have always been unsatisfactory. Although MRI confirmed advanced DDD for my age, he failed to provide any support options on how I can manage this condition to improve my quality of life. For more than 4 years I've had to cope with chronic pain in the neck, back and arms, muscle weakness, tingling and numbness of arms and hands. His only recommendation was an insincere and off the cuff remark of 'try physiotherapy', and nothing else. Unfortunately, my previous physician left their practice in Canada, and I was referred (regrettably) to Dr. Morgenthau. He lacks interpersonal skills and comes across as cold and uncaring, and in general, I find him disingenuous.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

As I read the previous comments, it's almost like there are two people. The Dr. Morgenthau I met was a 10 out 10. Extremely patient, courteous, very knowledgeable, very thorough, etc. The experience overall was the absolute best with practically no wait time. I would certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

found him to be extremly thorough and caring & good listener.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

It has taken me a year and a half to get up the courage to write and say that Dr. Morgenthau is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I waited over 2 hours to see him and was lucky to get 5 minutes of his time. When I first sat down for the initial consult I started to say something. he immediately cut me off and gruffly said that "he will ask the questions". He was closing his eyes and appeared to be falling asleep during our appt. I was referred to him because the thoracic area of my back had gone completely numb and was very painful. He pin pricked the area a couple of times and told me to go home and exercise. He did not order any further tests. I have since been to 2 amazing neurologists who ordered MRI's and have diagnosed me with Syringomyelia. I am now being followed very carefully and have been given a medication that is helping the pain. Dr. Morgenthau should never have dismissed ANY opportunity to help in the diagnosis and treatment of my unfortunate disease.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011