Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Fialk

Dr. Fialk does not answer my questions. His assistant does not call me back. Looking for a different doctor.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Terrible. Impossible to get in touch with a real person on the phone during office hours! Dr. Fialk instructed me to call his telephone for his report 3 days after and to mention "Code #1", which I did exactly as he instructed. No call back as of now after 5 days now. Still no way to contact him or his assistant on the phone. So I just keep leaving messages. On the day of my visit, after the examination, he just kept looking at his computer on his desk and does not accept my medical questions.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Fialk panicked at my early lab results and caused my family and me a month of indescribable sadness and dread. When I moved my treatment to a sophisticated team of NYC doctors at a teaching hospital, they re-tested me and instantly determined that his initial conclusions were wrong. His lack of people skills is inexcusable for someone who delivers a "death sentence" cancer message. He should not be permitted to interact with clients. The worst doctor experience of my life.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Wonderful and knowledgable. Dr Fialk has a rare perspective and is quick to get all necessary tests to prescribe effective treatment. Highly recommend this Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Terrible. You cannot get a person on the phone during office hours! fialk does not return phone calls/his asst does nto return phone calls. waiting time is 1hr and then he rushes you out of the exam room and then when you get into his office to discuss your medical questions, he is on the phone or looking at his computer the entire time. He does not even look at you when he is talking to you. The worse office I've ever been to. Don't go there !!!!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

The wait times and billing problems outway the doctors effectiveness. The worst office staff. The office staff became so unbearable that I changed Doctors after over 20 years.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Fialk is agressive in ordering routine tests which can find major problems. He pushed me to get a colonoscopy at an "early age" where the gastroenterologist found and clipped out 3 significant precancerous polyps. Other docs would not have ordered the colonoscopy, and the polyps would have morphed along into cancer given that my mother, father and maternal grandmother died of colon cancer. Dr. Fialk was curious enough to take a family history which revealed my family history of colon cancer. Thank goodness for him and his curiosity, thoroughness and aggressiveness!!!! A patient can't get a doctor any better than Dr. Fialk. My father was a physician, so I have a modicum of knowledge of the range of levels of expertise of doctors, and Dr. Fialk is definitely top notch. He also has quickly and accurately diagnosed the other simple ailments I have had, which his figuring those things out so quickly and accurately have provided a great level of trust and reliance in him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

IF YOU WANT ACCURATE, THOURGH INFORMATION HE IS THE DOC TO SEE HE IS GREAT, YOU WILL LEAVE HIS OFFICE WITH A SMILE NO MATTER WHAT THE CONDITION JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW AND ARE MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGABLE THEN WHEN YOU ENTERED

flag | Submitted August 24, 2005

Dr. Mark A. Fialk's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1973)