Ratings for Dr. John A. La Fata

Dr. La Fata is the best. I have been going to him for about 20 years. Even though it is over 45 minutes to his office and I live in a different county, there is no way I would ever change. He listens to and answers my questions. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I don't think that I have ever waited more than 15 minutes to be taken back to the exam room. I would definitely recommend him and his office.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I have found the staff to be very punctual and helpful. Dr. Lafata has a very pleasant manner is a good listener and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I found Dr. LaFata to be understanding and most helpful in explaining my condition. I would certainly recommend him to anyone looking to find a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

My 81 year old mother wanted to go to a woman doctor in Dr. La Fata's office and had been to Dr. La Fata in the past. Because she was a patient of Dr. La Fata a few years back, she was told that Dr. La Fata would not let her switch to the woman doctor. I wrote a letter and faxed it to the office and never received a reply.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

excellant doctor, very knowledgeable, shows care and concern and takes the time necessary to help you.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I found Dr.LaFata to be very unprofessional. Not willing to listen. Felt very rushed. Quick in/quick out. Showed no compassion, quick to say it is all in your head and wanted to prescribe antidepressant. Staff appeared very fearful of him. Poor communication, not receiving calls regarding abnormal lab/results. Had to get on my own, and when I called office had to clear everything via MD who was sometimes difficult to find. I was in the hospital for a week and never saw him. I am now looking for another PCP.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Upbeat Internist with better-than-average index of suspicion-- . Easy to establish good rapport.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Dr. John A. La Fata's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1975)