Ratings for Dr. John Shin

Dr Shin is very knowledgeable, professional& helpful. He listens carefully to patients and explains clearly in detail of their problems and his diagnosis. A doctor who sympathizes patients issues & worries with compassion and offers all possible options of cure and procedures. Even though he is very busy & with patients in the waiting room, he still takes time to explain clearly and never rush his patients. I am thankful to Dr Shin for all he does and how he did.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Waiting time is long, plus he is changing his late hours work day and cutting short hours such as last appointment of the day can be 5 p.m. or 4.30 p.m. He is not flexible in accommodating patients; can demand patients just to check test results when patients are on a six mth periodical recall schedule. Can be abrupt at times.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

He makes multiple appointment at the same time and most patients have to wait for 1-2 hours.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I was most impressed with Dr. Shin . I like the way he talks one-on-one and face to face, instead of sitting across a big desk and sometimes not able to hear. It was my first appointment and he took the time to listen, in spite of a waiting room full of people. I had a lot of confidence in him and he's a very nice man. Thank you for being there Dr. Shin.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Have to wait one hour or so more on our appointment time... mY daughter has lazy eye she's six at that time and Dr. Shin doesn't have any helpful instruments to thoroughly check her lazy eye... he just cover the eye with a tissue ? not so friendly to kids ... visited 4x and decided he cannot help my daughter..... For now I am seeking for the right eye doctor who specializes chidren's eye problem.......

Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Shin is very thorough and personable. He was very willing to explain any and all issues that I had with my eyes

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I could not have been more pleased. Dr. Shin is professional, knowledgeable, and charming. I have had to visit several specialists in various fields over the past few months and have to say my contact with Dr. Shin was by far the most rewarding. Dr. Shin was attentive when listening to my concerns and very respectful of even minor questions. He is a very knowledgeable ophthalmologist willing to take the time to make his patients feel confident in his skills. I left his office with a printed report that outlined my condition and his findings. I have not experienced that level of respect from any other specialist, the report is normally 'only' sent to my family Dr. and reviewed at a later date.

Submitted August 15, 2014

I have noticed some very rude comments regarding Dr. Shin on here. I can confidently say those comments are WRONG. Dr. Shin is one of the best eye doctor's I know. Every time my family and I visit he really takes the time to answer all our questions and consider our concerns. He is very well known and respected among those in the medical field, even my family doctor highly recommends him and praises his practice. Dr. Shin is an excellent person who cares about his patients. It is as plain and simple as that. Furthermore, his office is conveniently located with lots of free parking which is an added bonus. ...Dr. Shin you are doing an excellent job providing eye-care services to many, many people! God bless you for that. We are lucky to have an eye doctor like you, who takes great pride in his profession and helps people see better. My family and I are thankful to Dr. John Shin for taking care of our EYES!

Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Shin was able to listen to me thoroughly, explain things like astigmatism, glaucoma, and so on. The important thing that stands out in my mind is the depth of questions Dr. Shin asked regarding my family medical history during my visit. I found him to be attentive, sensitive to my concerns, and most importantly caring. I was satisfied with the answers he provided to me regarding the different eye conditions that my grandparents had and how/if they may affect me. As a science teacher with an analytical chemistry background and laboratory experience, I was quite impressed by his ability to discuss recent advances in his field in diagnosis and treatment. To me this speaks tomes about the interest Dr. Shin takes in his profession and his ability to carry out his job to the highest possible level.

Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr. Shin is a very caring and professional doctor. He took time to listen to me. He explained his diagnosis to me in plain language, even with drawing to ensure that I fully understood him. He detailedly described the options that were available to treat my eye problems. At the end of the visit, he even volunteered to give me a printout of his clinical notes. This is the first time that I received this extra service from a doctor. I had a great experience with Dr. Shin.

Submitted October 10, 2013

Dr. John Shin's Credentials

• McMaster University (Grad. 1991)