Ratings for Dr. David Dyck

Saw him in the FMC ER on a Friday night that was packed and chaotic, after a slip and fall on ice that gave me a concussion. Got me a CT Scan within 2 hours, which I thought was pretty fast considering how busy the ER was. Very kind and calming. Came and found me with my CT results when I'd wandered off to find a dark, quiet spot to wait until I could ask the nurse for them. I appreciated your kindness!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Fantastic doctor! Caring and attentive. Went to the ER with very bad stomach pain, took it seriously and ordered tests right away. Because of his attentiveness, received a diagnosis that has been years in the making. Can't say how thankful I am for the care I received from him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Start with the bad, I went into emerg at the Foothills this morning after suffering for a month with intense neck, shoulder and arm pain that was only getting worse after many visits to my family doctor who prescribed every imaginable narcotic and muscle relaxant. I hadn't slept for the last two nights because of the pain. I rated the staff a three because of a triage nurse who took one look at me and asked how drunk I was (At 9 a.m are you kidding me?) and what street drugs I had taken. When I told her that I probably looked terrible because I hadn't slept in two nights and was taking prescribed medication she asked "Do you want to try that answer again?" I was angry and if I hadn't been in so much pain I would have walked out. I understand that there are some people with addictions and they see a lot of it but to question my honesty was insulting. The good! Once I got back to the exam area, Dr. Dyck saw me within moments. He was caring, professional, and understanding. He examined me, and sent me for X-Rays. Though the X-rays didn't show anything specific he offered what he could. I was tired of being on narcotics without any relief and told him that. I asked what other options I had without being "doped up". He suggested a certain injection and it worked! It alleviated 60-70% of the pain. He also prescribed the same medication in pill form, and gave me a physiotherapy prescription. He told me to ask for a specific type of physiotherapist. I had no doubt he knew what he was doing and talking about, he worked fast to get me the X-rays and injection but took his time in answering everyone of my questions and explaining what and why he thought it was happening. He even took me to the computer to look at my X-rays with him. If you ever end up in the ER, this is the doctor you want. His bedside manner and ability to get things done quickly are remarkable.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Great doctor. He was very pleasant and helpful. Took execellent care and made me feel important.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

What a great doctor. We secretly called him "Dr. Howie" because of his similarity in looks and speech to Howie Mandel. Personable, caring, was not brusque like some doctors who just rattle everything off without making sure that you really understand. We had to get a urology consult and he was very irritated that the urologist could not make himself available (being in emergency surgery), had his staff check back on his availability every fifteen minutes, repeatedly visited us to report progress (or lack thereof) every 1/2-1 hour. When it turned out that we had to get a CT scan, and ended up waiting longer than expected for radiology, he was right on top of it, asking his staff to work their magic and get us moved up because had already waited 4 hours for urology. Although we had a very long day in the ER, Dr. Dyck and his staff did everything they could to make our stay there tolerable and see that we got a high standard of care.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Awesome Doctor! I went to the ER at the PLC on Saturday with a really bad back pain and a pretty bad cold. He was concerned with my pain and gave me something for it before sending me for xrays. He spent a good amount of time with me and was very thoruogh. His relaxed personality made me feel comfortable right away. Our health care system needs more doctors like him. I can't thank him enough for the care I received.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

Wonderful doctor! A real patient advocate !!! He really listens and it is easy to see he cares about his patients well being.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Did a very fast poor stitch on a gash on the leg. Did not do enough stitches an did not get the ones done in the area needed.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Absolutely fantastic service. Wandered into the ER with moderate pain, he was able to diagnose, answer a few questions, and not only that, took the time to let me know what the next steps were if the problem wasn't cured by his treatment suggestions.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Went into emergency (so staff rating and punctuality don't really count) for a leg injury. He was very informative, seemed knowledgeable and willing to take the time to explain...very efficient and would go to him again...hopefully won't have to though...:)

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008