Ratings for Dr. Ambrose Fung

He has been my doctor for over 12 years now. He is excellent in every way. Thank you Dr. Fung

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

After 25 years, he is still the best. He seems to have a natural ability to identify a problem and fix it. All with a genuine compassion and pleasant sense of humour.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Fung is an excellent gp. I moved from Toronto area and the thought of loosing him as a physician saddens me deeply.He has been my physician for over 20 years and is very thorough warm kind and compassionate. He is a wonderful smart man who is extremely competent and dedicated.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

As my doctor for over twenty years I have found him in all ways excellent. As a woman that can't subdue her sense of humour he will often laugh with me: when he's not sure if he 'should' laugh or not his face goes quite red and he eventually breaks down when I tease him. When he hears me say something he thinks medically important his face changes and I see an intense listening attention. He will listen for as long as I need to talk. That's something I never had with my previous Albany Clinic doctor. Quite the reverse. I trust my life to him knowing that no doctor can know everything, even all about various specialists, but I know I have the best possible GP

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I agree with ALL the comments dated 6/21/11. I hope Dr Fung finds better specialists to refer his patients to than the ones @ Albany. I've visited 2 Specialists @ Albany that weren't thorough enough. The specialists that work out of the Coxwell hospital have been better. A GP is only as good as his referrals as some medical diagnosis are out of a GP's range and patients deserve a timely and accurate diagnosis. Because the diagnosis has taken over a year, I have had to rate helpfulness low.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

Very good bedside manner; listens, is kind, intelligent, considerate, has a sense of humour, and is free of the "medical arrogance" that many suffer from. He's restricted a bit in that any referrals are to specialists in the same clinic, who may or may not be good.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I do not have any comments. But to say that he is very helpful and understand my health problems.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

My Mothers Dr. Left her in agony without recommending a specialist for almost a year. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Dr. Fung has a superb consultation manner. He is calm, focussed, and genuinely interested. Most important, when he comes up against a symptom or situation that doesn't fall under the umbrella of "usual suspects" he will go a step further and DIG for the information necessary. My definition of a great doctor isn't one who knows everything (or thinks he does) it is one who will find out anything he needs to know to take care of my health.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr Fung is my mother's family doc and he has been more than helpful. He answers all my questions and never rushes us. He makes sure to check my mom once a month because she was diagnosed with cancer. I really like that she has this man as her doctor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010