Ratings for Dr. Mark Hull

Dr. Hull is Vancouver's leading physician for HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). He is incredibly knowledgable, friendly, non-judgmental and somewhat cautious, which was especially warranted when Truvada was not yet approved for PrEP use in Canada. His bedside manner can be just a touch awkward at first, but you quickly know that you could not be in better hands.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Hull is the best infectious diseases specialist in Vancouver. Very knowledgeable and professional. He takes his time and he cares.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I can safely say Mark is the best doctor all fields compared that I have ever had the chance to meet. Very accommodating, he repeatedly took care of my needs in effective timing, and over the two years of treatment has always kept good relationships and offered a great service. I really love his secretary Bal too, since she is both greatly efficient and memorably good-hearted :)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Hull for past year. He is GREAT, and a very caring with his patients. I like how he goes through test results with myself, gives me understanding.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Hull is just one great doctor who respects his patients as well as being extremely knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS. Very personable.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

I got to see Dr. Hull after HIV exposure. Super friendly, not at all condescending and he seems like a great guy. I actually enjoyed my Dr visits!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

kind and caring and extremely knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Mark Hull is the best. He seams kind and very intrested in his clients problems. Well spoken and knows what he's talking about.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

DR HULL IS A CARING MD WHO HAS HELPED ME LIVE WITH HIV. AFTER BEING DIAGNOSED WITH HIV, HE EXPLAINED MY TREATMENT, TOLD ME THE TRUTH AND EFFECTIVELY MANAGED TO GET ME BELIEVING THAT MY LIFE WAS NOT OVER BUT JUST BEGINNING WITH SOME DIFFERENCES. HIS MEDICAL SECRETARY LILY IS KIND AND EFFICIENT. IN FACT, THE WHOLE IDC 5TH FLOOR IS THE ONE PLACE IN THE WORLD WHERE I FEEL SAFE AND NOT JUDGED. BELIEVE ME, WHEN YOU HAVE HIV--- YOU NEED ONE ABSOLUTE SAFE HAVEN AND FOR THAT I AM GRATEFUL.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

Dr Hull is an excellent doctor. Thoughtful, caring and very knowledgeable. After being diagnosed with HIV, I was very scared and thought my life was effectively done. His patience and positive attitude helped me to see my way through a difficult transition to life with HIV. His office staff is top-notch, thorough and compassionate.However his medical and training staff that monitor the 10th floor of St.Pauls are brutal. I believe that because Dr Hull is so busy, he must delegate to persons who do their jobs in a very sub standard way perhaps thinking they have more knowledge and importance than they actually have. The nursing staff needs to be re-trained so they are able to make wiser and more compassionate decisions. These nurses have no check and balance system in place and therefore they pass judgements, gossip and waste precious time that they could use bettering their nursing skills . Just to be clear, medical personnel are helpers of the sick not prima donnas.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010