Ratings for Dr. Clarence L. Shields

dr. shields is the best he solved my knee problem 3 days after surgery im already standing and walking slowly thanks dr shields excellent work.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

I went to see Dr. Shields for my knee that had already been reconstructed once. It had been 10 years since its reconstruction and I took a bad step chasing a fly ball in left field. Damaged my meniscus some more along with the articular cartilege at the end of the femur. Dr. Shields gave it to me straight and said I need to preserve what I have left and not do high impact activities. He did all that could be done and my knee is as good as it can be considering the damage that's within. Dr. Shields has always been easily accessible. He's very friendly, professional, and he exudes extreme competence and intelligence. I have already recommended him to a colleague who can attest to Dr. Shields being an excellent doctor. I will continue to see Dr. Shields for any issue I might have in the future. There might be some rare equals, but none better than him. For the person who complained about having to sign their leg...that's common practice. Run away from any place that doesn't do that.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Shields is apparently over-burdened by the many organizations he heads. I had a chronic knee problem and he did not even give minimal helpful advice. He sent me to Healthsound for p/t, which is frankly, staffed by inexperienced young people. Finally, he said he could not figure out my problem without surgery. He was deliberately unclear about the surgical procedures. On the day of surgery, he was late, and I was asked to sign papers (including my own leg!), and he brought in a young doctor who I believe was in training. After the surgery, Dr. Shields would only talk to me for about two minutes, and evaded my questions. I now have all my old knee problems plus new problems.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Dr. Clarence L. Shields's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1966)

• BCBS New Mexico