Ratings for Dr. Randy K. Schaefer

I am with other reviewers do yourself a favor unless you are a world class athlete find another doctor this one can only handle the perfect patients.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Arrogant. As long as things go well, he's happy. However, should there be complications, your pot of luck. This man will blame you for his poor surgical skills. In his mind, there is no way he can do wrong. So, your either fabricating, lying, walking too much, overweight and, alrighDesirable Foods * Patients with collagen related illnesses must avoid citrus juices and fruits. For all others, citrus juice is optional. Only one citrus juice a day is allowed and may be replaced for a carrot and apple juice. And, even if your word isn't good enough, he'll not believe the scans, which show malalignment, one of two reasons to explain pain following TKR. I believed him to be a man of integrity. Jokes on me! Now, I'll live out the rest of my days in pain, limping, and not even being able to enjoy a short walk in my retirement years. If you're 5 lbs overweight, not an athlete, he doesn't have time for you, even if you waited 4 hours in the waiting room to see him. I'm sure he used to be good. He's not anymore. The man is NEVER wrong and that's how it goes. Won't even consider that something did, indeed, go wrong. Wow. It's not his knee he has to live with. It's all about money for him. Waiting room always full. Always running hours behind. Over books. Ching ching!! Hope he enjoys the new home I bought him while I am in constant pain and can't enjoy life with my family. What has happened to physicians nowadays? Isn't there any honor? Sad.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

This Doctors bedside manner sucks. He did not explain anything in any detail to me at all. I had to ask my Physical Therapist what was actually had done during my procedure. He put me back to work after the first week. This was crazy! Who wants to sit in horrid pain at work, really. I would really advise that you advocate for yourself. If I had to do it again, I would be off much longer. Too painful. I waited over an hour more than once in his office during follow up apts. He seems to be an ambulance chaser as he takes on way to much! I WOULD NOT USE HIM AGAIN. I hope he reads this for future patients.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

The doctor give norco out like candy!! No wonder people are becoming drug addicts!! 😡

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I was not pleased with his attitude after my Son's Surgury. He didn't have time to explain, very abrupt. Second concern revolved around a prescription given for pain. The doctor scripted 100 Norco pain pills (in one scrip). This is equal to 200 Vicadin! This seems to be a very dangerous practice given the abuse of these drugs in today's society. I would concider this poor knowledge and judgement on his behalf.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr. Schaefer is "one in a million"! You will be extremely fortunate if you have him for your doctor. He and his staff are professional, caring and kind. All my questions were answered in a way I could understand. Dr. Schaefer was reassuring while he gently examined my injury. I trust and beleive that he has my best interests at heart. Thank you Dr. Schaefer!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Excellent surgeon very knowledgable, good recovery with min to no complications. Would never see another Orthopedic specialist, to bad he only does knee's and shoulders. Office staff are great easy to talk to if you have questions. rate Dr Schaefer and Staff a 10. My only complaint is he see to many patients and wating time is too long sit in office for over hour. But he is worth it!Veronica Neal

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Schaefer is an amazing surgeon. He told me up front that he would do everything he could to fix my shoulder but because the injury was so long ago, the MRI I brought him, and there was so much damage to the rotator cuff that he wasn't sure it would be possible. He fixed everything and my recovery is going real well. Highly recommend him .

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Dr Schafer took the time during my visit to explain my tear in my knee. And after surgery took time to explain to my wife what he had done while I was under. And was not rushed at post op giving me a run down of how I should be healing. He is a very good surgeon and very professional.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr S was very arrogant, uncaring and quite a poor bedside manner. He has not learned that patients are people and be more understanding. I felt he is burnt out and needs a vacation badly. I will be seeing another Dr to go under the knife with. My life is far too valuable and I feel justified after reading the other patients. I the other positive posts read like staff members. Beware of this doctor.

Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Randy K. Schaefer's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

• BCBS Florida