Ratings for Dr. Gautam J. Desai

Always wait an hour from my appointment time to actually seeing the doctor.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I always feel like the Dr listens to my issues and really cares about me. Dr. Desai has given me excellent care, and his staff is adequate. I can typically get an appointment quickly when needed, and I don't have to wait excessive amounts of time when I'm there.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I don't know what office some of these ratings are coming from but I sure haven't witnessed some of the awful things these people are reporting and sure hope I never do. Everyone has been polite and helpful to me when I am there. A few of the doctor's staff members have left from when I started going there and I miss them. I feel comfortable going to my appointments and do understand that I may have to wait to get into the examining room. Perhaps some people take up more time with their visits. Dr. Desai never makes me feel rushed when I am with him. However I do try to be brief.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

Dr. DeSai is a wonderful doctor. I have been a patient for quite some time with numerous visits. He has helped me numerous times, two of which were very very serious. He quickly gave me the assistance I needed. Office wait times are not too bad. The staff has had some changes over the last 18 months or so. I find them to be very cordial and helpful. It can take a bit if you need paperwork completed. However, he is quite busy and I believe that is the case with most docs. Overall I would gladly recommend him to others. These online ratings are often skewed because generally only people with a bad experience take the time to reply. I had to write in to balance the negs here and say I feel very comfortable about him and his level of care provided.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I went to Dr. DeSai ONCE, and NEVER AGAIN! He's TERRIBLE & so is his office staff. Worst doctor I've ever gone to.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

This doctor is just about the worst doctor I've ever gone to. His office staff are terrible too. His diagnosis was totally wrong, plus he's giving me a very hard time releasing my medical records to me. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Desai is a decent doctor but he has the most unprofessional, nasty staff I've ever seen at a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr. Desai seems to be a good doctor so far. I've only been to him twice, and he did diagnose me correctly and prescribed medicine that really helped me. However, his staff are horrible. They are rude, nasty, don't give Dr. Desai your message when they say they will. I like Dr. Desai very much, but the girls in his office, one in particular, are making me think I've got to find another doctor. They are so incompetent and unprofessional, and make me feel very uncomfortable if I have to call or go to his office for an appointment. I just don't understand why Dr. Desai would put up with his staff. In this economy there are SO MANY really good medical assistants and office assistants. He really should hire a new office staff. The staff he has now is going to make him lose patients.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

We are patients at this office, but do not see Dr. Desai personally. When we signed up for weight loss, we were told he doesnt accept our insurance. We pay in full each visit which runs approx $200 per month. When I leave there, it is without a receipt or itemized bill that I may submit to my insurance for reimbursement. I have faxed a request for the associate to be able to check off, and I mean a preprinted form they do use, so that I can submit this. You must wait and wait and call and call for something so simple. It is absolutely ridiculous to have to go through this and he has lost two patients because of the incompetence of his manager. If you dont have insurance, this wont be a problem for you, but I would recommend going elsewhere so that when you pay in good faith, the proper steps will be taken for you.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

Dr. Gautam J. Desai's Credentials

• Spanish

• Gov'T Med Coll, South Gujarat Univ, Surat, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Long Branch, NJ