Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Shapiro

I had to get up and leave when I noticed that after 1.5 hours of waiting, the 10 other patients in front of me in the "reception" area (hard plastic chair inside or hard concrete bench outside) were still waiting too, and some had been waiting an hour longer than I had. Appt was for 3:00, and I left at 4:40 when I heard the receptionist tell another patient "Yes we're supposed to close at 6 but most nights we're still here after 8 or 9:00". Umm, no. It was always a long wait when I used to come here in 2013-14, but never like this. In the time I was there I heard them following up on referrals for no less than 6 new patients, like he can even handle the ones he has already. The aircon was set to uncomfortably warm and no relaxing music, just the sound of catty side comments between the receptionists and "Dr" chatting up the same patient for an hour down the hall. Reminds me: forget about privacy, anything you say can be heard in the reception "lounge". I'm going to find a doctor who respects my problems and my time, or buy an Exacto knife and cut the thing off by myself.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Do not waste your time with this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Dr. Robert S. Shapiro's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Hilo, HI