Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Kootman

Going in for Eye Surgery was very scary. And I went in for both eyes. Dr Kootman has a wonderful bedside manner. His staff follows his lead in this area. They all great you with a smile and are very attentive to your needs and questions. I was informed very well in all areas by himself and all of his wonderful staff, which helped me in the process. My recovery has been great. Thank you Dr Kootman for your "steady hand" and expertise in this area.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I went in and they called the next name, (which was my Xhusbands new wife)! I was a new patient. Wait for 1 1/2 hour, called my name finally, lady looked at my eyes, put drops in my eyes. ( didn't tell me what they were for) had me watch utube. Dr. Kootman, took 5 minutes trying to sell $400.00 service ( not covered by ins.) when I said no, he walked out said the girls up front will make appointment for surgery. Nothing else! Not impressed and will go to another doctor! Now after reviewing this site I know I made the right decision!! Don't go there! It just feels wrong!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Dr. Kootman was very rude and the procedure he performed caused a serious infection from the tools not being sterile. I also witnessed Dr. Kootman refusing service to a patient because of their race.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

You can forget about the wonderful review below about Dr. Hebber, he doesn't work there any more. So now you are stuck with the rudest, most impatient and most non-caring doctor I have ever visited in my 66 years of life experiences.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Very disappointed, filled out papers before I went in, when I went in for my appointment the sent two college students in the room to ask me many questions which I have already answered. And I feel that was none of their business, if they wanted to observe and they did not even ask me if they could do this, I feel I was not paying for that.when the doctor came in, many of the things he suggested I should have done, he kept telling me my insurance did not cover that. They wanted to schedule surgery right away.I was not impressed at all, not at all personaable.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Dr. kootman did Cataract surgery on both of eyes. I am very happy with the results and all off his services. He is a fantastic Dr.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Read all the comments from others and you will begin to see a pattern. This Dr is a master at making you return again and again, and never fixing the problem. After many visits I finally gave up and went to another Dr. He is rude and quick to leave you sitting and wondering what you did to deserve such treatment. I complained that I was having a problem with my eyeglass prescription, all I got was an arguement. Very frustrating to be treated like that. During one visit I waited more than an hour past my appt time. When the staff finally realized that my file had not been placed in line, the Dr himself came out to get me. If you plan on doing the dry eye treatment which will be pushed on you, plan on shelling out $1,800 of your own money plus a copay for the visit. Do yourself and your ins. provider a favor, DON'T GO THERE.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

did excellent job on my cateracts...his asst is a little flaky. but nice.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr Kootman has been my eye doctor for about five years. He has always been very professional and caring. He will always be my eye doctor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Kootman is rude, too busy and really has no interest in being helpful.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Dr. Richard M. Kootman's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1984)

GHI