Ratings for Dr. Brian S. Nelson

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Nelson for my hysterectomy. He is kind, responsive, knowledgeable and his expertise with Da Vinci is most impressive. He and his staff worked hard to fit me in prior to the end of the year. I experienced little pain and was released from the hospital within 24 hours. His staff is top notch and you can count on them to follow through. I highly recommend Dr. Nelson!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I had put off bladder surgery for years. Finally had it done by Dr. Nelson and was astounded at how easy it was and how rapidly I recovered with very little pain. He is an excellent surgeon, a compassionate listener, and a real healer. His staff treated me like royalty. I am very grateful to all of them and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

If I were to recommend a doctor, I would look no further than Brian Nelson. My opinion in doctors and Western medicine in general can be difficult to sway, however, I would not hesitate in the least to recommend him should your needs require this route. It was a scary procedure for me as a patient, but my mind was more at ease after seeing the positivity and professionalism his office provided. They went out of their way to make sure I was receiving quality care, answered questions honestly and promptly, and didn't just seem to care, you could tell they really did care. I consider myself grateful for his services and the kindness from him and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr Brian Nelson treated me with exceptional care, fully hearing my concern with keeping a surgical procedure laproscopic, even calling me on a weekend to answer my questions. He went MORE than "the extra mile" during the procedure. As a result, I recovered exceedingly quickly and I'm VERY happy I went the surgical "route" in his capable hands.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Nelson is not only a recognized specialist in his field and an excellent surgeon, but he’s also a Dr. who empowers his patients. He listens to their needs, explores their knowledge base, educates and informs them, while at the same time he is consistently empathetic and compassionate. He empowers his patients to make informed decisions about their healthcare. He embodies what all Dr.’s should be, a scholar and an expert in his field, confident in his abilities, with a tremendous amount of respect, empathy, and consideration for those in his care. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Nelson. He earned my respect in so many ways that I could never put them all down in this review. A few things I will point out: - Unlike any other Dr. I know, he will go out of his way to ensure all your questions are answered, even if that means contacting you on a weekend during his off hours. Yes he did this! He cares. - His experience and skill sets are to be commended. During my surgery, the robotic surgical equipment failed. Dr. Nelson quickly resolved the matter by using his skill sets as a surgeon and applied a hand held application that the robotic machinery would have done. Dr. Nelson could have taken the easy way out and turned the procedure into a regular surgery, negating the laparoscopic application all together, but he didn’t. The easy way out would have made my recovery lengthier and the surgery more invasive. In addition, traditional surgery was not what I wanted. I am forever grateful for his expertise, his proven skill set, and his ability to provide solutions, which are in the best interest of his patients. The fact that he listens to his patients and understands their needs is also to be commended. - I have healed beautifully, in part because Dr. Nelson is a perfectionist, a trait that all surgeons should acquire. On a scale of 1-10, Dr. Brian Nelson is a 10. I would highly recommend him. Also, his staff is top notch, as is Longmont Hospital. From an extremely grateful patient. :-)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I recently had surgery with Dr. Nelson. I can't say enough nice things about him. He has the best bedside manner of any physician I've ever been to. He personally returns phone calls and you can tell he genuinely cares about his patients. He patiently answers every question you have and I knew I was in good hands right from the first appointment. I'm six weeks out from the surgery and feel great! I recommend Dr. Nelson without hesitation.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr Nelson is an incredible surgeon and has an amazing bedside manner. He personally called me several times after surgery to make sure that I was doing okay. He genuinely listens to his patients, answers every question my husband and I have and spends a lot of time with me at every appointment. His front desk staff is great (especially Alicia) and I adore his nurse Heather. I would recommend him to ANYONE!!! I have been in pain since I was 13 years old and now because of him, I am pain free for the first time in my life

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Nelson is a wonderful Physician. I feel God put me in good hands when I was sent to Dr. Nelson. He is very easy to talk to. He is very kind with family members. Excellent!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I love Dr. Nelson. I have been an RN for 15 years and have met many different Dr.s. Lets just say I have also been threw a few if I can tell they are "just doing the job." I wouldn't trade Dr. Nelson for the world! His nurse Heather and receptionist/helps with all Alicia are equally top notch! I had to have a full hysterectomy at 39 years old. I also suffer from Kidney stone disease and was passing kidney stones and getting fibroids at the same time. I cried a lot and came off a little not so stable. He saw through all of that and knew it was my body and not my mind. I had Kaiser for so long they kept trying to send me to Mental Health, I would go to the ER, get a CT scan and bam, there are stones I can't pass. Him and my PCP are the only ones right now that I feel comfortable with. I don't like the way medicine is going and they seem to have the same philosophy as i do. See the patient as a person, not a thing with a problem! Oh and by reading it sounds like he delivers babies well!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Nelson's observations and recommendations were spot on. His manner is calm, unhurried, open and reassuring. I suffered pelvic pain a very long time before seeing him. We discussed treatment options and the procedure he subsequently performed was extremely successful left me pain free. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Dr. Brian S. Nelson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brian Nelson graduated from UCLA with an undergraduate degree in Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology. He later attended The George Washington University School of Medicine in Washington D.C. where he graduated in the top 10 percent in his class. He then completed an internship at the University of Utah. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading, Pennsylvania which had the busiest surgical volume in the state of Pennsylvania. While in residency, Dr. Nelson emphasized female pelvic reconstructive surgery, minimally invasive gynecology and incontinence. Dr. Nelson moved to Colorado in 2001 where he joined the Longmont Clinic, the oldest multispecialty group in Colorado. As of Jan 1, 2014 the Longmont Clinic has joined the University of Colorado Health. In private practice Dr. Nelson has continued to focus his practice on complex and reconstructive pelvic surgery, and urinary and fecal incontinence. In mid 2011 he trained to perform robotically-assisted gynecologic surgery using the latest da Vinci robotic surgical system. Since then, he has become one of the busiest gynecologic surgeons using the da Vinci system in Colorado and pioneered robotic-assisted gynecologic surgery at Longmont United Hospital where he is the Director of Minimally Invassive Gynecologic Surgery, In the last year, he has helped Boulder Community Hospital rebuild their robotic gynecologic surgical program. He has attended advanced and masters’ level courses on robotic gynecologic surgery. In 2013 Dr. Nelson was awarded the distinction of AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Designee. This distinction is based not only on volume of procedures but also adherence to quality of care measures and documentation of patient outcomes. He currently is the only gynecologist in Boulder County performing robotic-assisted sacrocolpopexy, the “Gold Standard” treatment for uterine and vaginal prolapse. He also is one of a handful of gynecologic surgeons performing robotic surgery through a single 2.5 cm incision through the belly button, a virtually scar less surgery. He serves as a da Vinci Certified Proctor for other gynecologic surgeons learning robotic surgery. Dr. Nelson is an Associate Professor at Rocky Vista University College of Medicine in Parker, CO. He also is an instructor for medical students, physician assitant students, and nurse practitioner students from the University of Colorado and Red Rocks College. Dr. Nelson is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, he is board certified with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the new specialty of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, one of only two gynecologic surgeons board certified in this specialty north of Denver. He is a member of the American Urogynecologic Society , the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, the Society of Robotic Surgery and the International Urogynecological Association. He was recently awarded “The Most Compassionate Physician Award” as voted by patients on Vitals.com.

• Spanish
  • English

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
  • Board Certified Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
  • Director Minimally Invasive Gynecologic & Robotic Surgery, Longmont United Hospital

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Nelson for my hysterectomy. He is kind, responsive, knowledgeable and his expertise with Da Vinci is most impressive. He..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had put off bladder surgery for years. Finally had it done by Dr. Nelson and was astounded at how easy it was and how rapidly I recovered with very little pa..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I were to recommend a doctor, I would look no further than Brian Nelson. My opinion in doctors and Western medicine in general can be difficult to sway, howe..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Brian Nelson treated me with exceptional care, fully hearing my concern with keeping a surgical procedure laproscopic, even calling me on a weekend to answer..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nelson is not only a recognized specialist in his field and an excellent surgeon, but he’s also a Dr. who empowers his patients. He listens to their needs,..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had surgery with Dr. Nelson. I can't say enough nice things about him. He has the best bedside manner of any physician I've ever been to. He perso..."

September 17, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Brian" to "Brian S."

April 8, 2012