Ratings for Dr. Jane A. Shows

Dr. Shows not only almost never showed up at my visits, but her tech was rude. Told me that I should not be having "promiscuous" sex (I don't think its any place for a medical "professional" to tell me how to live my personal life, as long as I am protecting myself). Dr. Shows misdiagnosed me and ordered tests that could have been avoided. Her tech also prescribed me antibiotics when there was no infection present.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

I have been to this office for annual check ups twice. Overall, the Dr is pleasant and friendly. Typically runs 10 min behind, but I honestly think I was used to "save" time. If I had no problems I would love an in and out yearly exam! It would be great, however, this time I did have some concerns that I don't feel were at all addressed. There was BARELY any physical exam. I am not even sure why you have to undress all the way; with the breast "exam" I was given, if you can even call it that, there is just no way I was examined properly. I had other issues that should have required some sort of examination, but nope. Just routine pap and goodbye, see ya in a year. I am left to assume everything is ok or do I pay out of pocket for a visit at another clinic? I am only allowed insurance wise one exam a year. The office is fairly unfriendly...not rude, ... just not friendly, smiley, or welcoming in the very least. I feel uncomfortable there. I am unsure if I wil be back in a year.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Shows can be very clinical and matter of fact in her demeanor, but is never rude. She is very helpful and knowledgeable. She really knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008

I love DR. SHOWS.. she's always been helpful to me since the first visit when we sat down and had a get to know each other session. I explained to her why I was switching Dr.s since noone else was able to help me fix my problem.. I also told her that I have been having miscarriages and would very much like to have children one day.. She did some tests and told me what was going on and fixed the problem and I am now problem free. I was also able to get pregnant and this time I didn't miscarry but did end up needing her help to keep my son in my womb, she is the reason my son is on this earth today if it wasn't for her expertise he wouldn't be here.. I would recommend her to anyone who is needing an OB..

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

I saw her when I first moved to SA and was having a lot of female problems. Dr Shows was cold and indifferent to my problems. I finally got her to order an u/s, but then I got stuck with a bill because they didn't tell me they did not take my insurance since the test was done in the office. I have never gone back. I called to request to see another dr in the practice and I was told "NO" that they did not do that. I would not recommend this dr to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Dr. Shows has always taken the time to answer any questions I had without making me feel in the least bit uncomfortable. Her staff is friendly. For a while, it seemed like appointments would never run on time, but in the last year I have never waitied more than 5 minutes. I've been seeing her for a long time and she has walked me through birth control, miscarriages and now the birth of our first child. She is always genuine, helpful and clear. Very professional yet compassionate. Even my husband thinks she's great.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

My husband & I moved to San Antonio half way through my pregnancy. Not knowing anyone we took a leap of faith & went with Doctor Shows. BIG MISTAKE! From day 1 she was very cold. We were worried about trying to find another doc since after a few visits with her I was already 6 months. At 1 of my visits I gave her a copy of my birth plan & she just said ok with a strange look on her face. She didn't even look at it just placed it in the back of my chart. I found this to be very rude! With my first child my doc took the time to read over it and go over everything with me so that we were on the same page. She never even took the time to go over my questions just dismissed them. I tried to switch doctors in the office and she said no! I didn't understand why she would want to force us to stay with her knowing how unhappy we were. At 35 wks I left Women & Partners. A lady at my husbands work told us about Doctor Powell who she said was great & that's where I am. Doctor Powell is awesome!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

While having had many of the same symptoms for years, Dr. Shows (during my first visit) stopped to see if there may be a medical reason behind them even though any medical reason would be outside of her field of medicine. She ran a few test and then refered my to the correct specialist. She took the time to listen and help. My symptoms are now gone thanks to her help. As an OBGYN she was equally as thourough, patient and understanding. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007