Ratings for Dr. Barbara S. Robinson

I have just completed my first visit with Dr Robinson and I am very happy to have met her. I was refered to her by a family member whom surprisingly Dr Robinson remembered after so many years and actually remembered all of the other family members so I liked that because it proved she pays attention and remembers her patients. Anyway I did more research on Dr Robinson after being told to see her and I liked what I saw in the internet about her so I called and my only complaint is that one of the receptionist who answers the phones is just a tad bit too unenthusiastic for me and I used to be a receptionist for a doctors office before so I know the importance of friendliness over the phone so I would like to hear a little more enthusiasm or politeness when I call. Anyway, I had a slight problem with my hmo which I had to change in order to see this doctor and it did take a couple of weeks which wasnt anyones fault but I just do wish that receptionist lady was a little sympathetic with me when she told me I would need to wait a couple of weeks for my hmo to switch over and then call to rescheduled. I say this because had she been a little sweeter I may have not felt so bummed about having to wait longer to see Dr Robinson. So in total I waited 3 weeks which put me at 15 weeks but like I said the whole hmo waiting thing was no ones fault but again I do wish the receptionist had a little more feeling or sweetness or enthusiasm over the phone but that still wouldnt change my mind about seeing Dr Robinson. Other than that the day of my appointment I was running late because I was waiting for my MIL to come babysit my toddler and I called in and said I would be 15 minutes late and she said after 15 minutes they might have to reschedule me which I cant say I dont expect because again Ive worked in a doctors office before but I was very much hoping I would make it there in time before they would be forced to reschedule me. When I got there I saw two women at the desk so naturally I tried to figure out which was the one I thought wasnt so good at talking to patients on the phone haha and I did figure it out and Im going on about this lady but I swear I am not hating and Im sure she is a nice lady but Im just being honest with my personal experience. The other woman was super nice and sweet though. Her I really liked! So I came in late and she have me paper work to fill out immediately didnt mention rescheduling me because apparently Dr Robinson had already decided she needed to see me so that was really good news for me. I waited 10 minutes (after being late) and they called me in and the staff around me like the nurse girl all seemed really nice. Then I finally got to meet the woman I had been anticipating to meet for weeks :) and she came in introduced herself and after telling her why I was late she was super understanding. Then she upfront told me that she may not have time to complete my exam only because I was so late which again completely understandable BUT she did half of my exam and then asked me if I was in a hurry or if I would mind waiting for her and that she would see another patient and come back to me to finish my exam so I didnt have to come back and that was just awesome!!! So I waited and she came back and finished me up ,NOT RUSHING btw completely calm and professional, and to be honest I really loved her honesty, her advice, her comments, her attitude in general! Shes super cool, nice and most importantly super straight forward and honest! Thank God I was refered to her by a family member, thank God I decided to wait the few weeks to see her and thank God she didnt reschedule me when I was late! I really like her alot and to be honest because I am not from Kenosha originally and had the most incredible doctor in Illinois when I was pregnant with my son (my only other pregnancy) I was kind of dreading trying to find a doctor in Kenosha where Im not familiar with anything and after having an incredible one in Illinois the first time. But Dr Robinson knows Chicago, went to school there and worked there so she knew exactly where I had my son and that made me feel even more comfortable with her. She already knew the other family members of mine and she knew the Chicago facilities abs doctors and such so I dont know but for me I just felt comfortable with her and I really liked that ALOT! Anyway my FIRST ever review on anything has become way too long but Im just a person who likes to read reviews and do some research on things and I did mine on hers and I chose her and I saw her and now Im leaving one on her ;) SHES GREAT! SHES PRO! SHES NICE! SHES HONEST! SHES OVERLY KNOWLEDGEABLE! I highly recommend her! Im so happy with her I just had to write a very long but very honest and I think very informative review. Happy patient :)

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

The staff at this office is very disrespectful. The staff could not give me information on blood work that I have done and proceeded to be rude to me over the phone. The rude staff member was actually the manager. I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy. The staff is very rude and everything about the office is disorganized.

Submitted February 14, 2014

I switched to dr robinson's office after loosing three babies and not receiving good care at a different doctor. This office provided wonderful care the entire time.. They let me come in often to just here my daughters heartbeat. They were all so polite.. I was never brushed off and never did they just send me to a nurse. They sat and listened to every question and answered them , never making me feel like I was a bother.. Then when I went into labor things didn't go as planned. Dr robinson was wonderful! She was right on top of everything. When I went in to have a unplanned cesarean she held my hand as they did the epidural . The entire hospital staff was absolutely wonderful. And Dr robinson saved my daughters life. She's a wonderful doctor and the doctors in her office are just as wonderful. I would recommend them to EVERYONE.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Disgusting Doctor. Mean and rude, broke patients water bag after patient told her not to and gave patient an episiotomy after only pushing for 5 minutes because she had a meeting. Called patient stupid while pushing and was over mean. No bedside manner, absolutely horrible!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

I am 21 and I had to get my first Pap test done and I had it done at my college and I had some abnormal results so I had to see a different doctor for a colposcopy. Being that it was my first time ever having this done and getting bad test results already made me very nervous and uneasy (I didn't know what to expect). When I arrived at the office they seemed alright but when it came time to turn in all the paper work there was no one even watching by the office window so I had to stand there for a while until someone came to take them from me (and I could here them talking in the back amongst themselves. When I was called in, the nurse was very rude and not friendly at all like they just wanted to rush me through everything. Then when the doctor came in it was a little bit better but there was some awkward moments when she just stared at me. But after the colposcopy I almost fainted and the second nurse I was a lot nicer. After this test is done I know I'm not going back there.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

They are all wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable!! We switched to them 7 months into my pregnancy and were thrilled!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

I started seeing this practice last month for my pregnancy. I didnt really care for the way I was treated in the office by Dr. Robinson. She was very rude, and inconsiderate. This is my first pregnancy and want it to be special for my husband and I. We waited for a long amount of time to see her. And when she finally saw me she was RUDE. Needless to say I will NEVER be going back to the practice again and will NOT recommend other people to them.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Robinson wasnt very knowledgable about my health situation. I waited over an hour for my 15 minute appointment. The staff was so nice to me and very apologetic to me for waiting so long! I was stopped at the front desk making my appointment when dr. Robinson came up and started yelling at one of her staff members right in front of me and a dozen other patients...so i thought that was very disrespectful! Really...if youfind the need to correct your staff please be professional and do it in a different room and not in front of patients!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr. Robinson was very rude to me, seemed to be in a hurry almost walked out right in the middle of my exam. Will never go back to her again.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

i would never let dr.robinson touch me again. she is nice to her patients, and is willing to take time out to really talk with them, but i will not go to her again if i were to have another child. i was not fond of her in the delivery room. she does not listen to the patient, and she seemed to be in a hurry.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2008

Dr. Barbara S. Robinson's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kenosha, WI