Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Lipson

Avoid him! Horrible experience! Nonexistent follow up after a minor procedure which led to a serious infection. Run away!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Never again! Hi is looking for quick money, not to help and cure his patients!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

My experience with Dr. Lipson could not have been better. His examination was very thorough; he took a lot of time explaining thing to me and going over my options; and his compassionate nature made a difficult situation much easier for me to handle. I give him my highest recommendation. My experience is the virtual opposite of all the comments below.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Very rude and condescending almost. I waited for 2 hours once and he didn't even care, nor did he warn me I'd be waiting that long. He told me to continue taking medications, that I'd been on for years and didn't work, but yet continued to have me come in for appointments. Never smiled. Didn't ever ask how I was. Blamed me for not following an extremely strict diet, that eliminates all sorts of fruits and meats and isn't even proven. When I told him my insurance was expiring and he knew that I had a medical condition, he told me "good luck." Didn't shake my hand or look me in the eye after having been a patient for a year and a half and spending thousands. Do not go to this man.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

He has to be rudest worst doctor ever!!!Looks at you like your nuts and your in pain..Talks condoscending..I just CANT BELIEVE BOMEX lets him practice...TERRIBLE DONT SEE HIM

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

Never visit/consult this Dr. I was hospitalized due to some illness (which is nothing to do with Urology) and this doctor visited me without my knowledge and tested me and saying that I had infection which needs to be medicated and it is not coming under Aetna medical insurance (which I was holding at that time). I was in a serious condition and not able to recognize what he was talking about, you could say almost unconscious. He did not do any test or suggested any medicine but he billed me $135 personally to me. For not doing anything, trying to collect $135 is like robbery. I was wondering how much I would have lost if I had visited him. This fellow is not having any humanity that any Dr should have, and he is ruining the over all opinion about the Dr profession. He is not eligible to be a Dr. Stay away from him. He will cheat you and make you poor. Mr Robert S Lipson, shame on you.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Staff was not knowledgable. Made me come back the same day, when I could have done the test during the first inital visit. Waited 2 hours to see the doctor the first time, when I had an appointment. They lied to my insurance company. Refused to submit my visits to my insurance b/c I wouldn't give them my social security number, WHICH THEY DON"T NEED! Doctor was not sympathetic.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Terrible service from the staff. Long long waits. They double billed me, (billed insurance once, me once) .. now its been months and I still haven't been able to get a check out of them.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Myself and my famly feel that this surgeon was not courteous, not attentive, communicatin skills were unfortunately limited to the patient listening, and NOT being heard by Dr. Lipson regarding serious concerns pre and post op. This surgeon was LATE for scheduled surgery on a patient (myself) suffering with acute pain.This patient and patient's family feels very uncomfortable with this Dr. and would NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

Dr. Robert S. Lipson's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1989)

GHI