Ratings for Dr. Asher S. Imam

I saw Dr. Imam and Jaime, PA for sleep issues in August 2015. Jaime was extremely concerned about my situation and Dr. Imam were extremely thorough and detailed. Dr. Imam looked at a sleep study done by Baylor, determined that it did not follow the needed protocol to rule out a specific diagnosis. His office called me back immediately to reschedule an additional sleep study. His results confirmed a diagnosis that he tentatively considered possible. This office worked extremely hard to get my tests and appointments done within a week as my medical insurance was terminating.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Imam. He is very knowledgeable and his PA was top notch too! As soon as he received my MRI, he contacted me and told me to come in immediately. Little did I know, but my spinal cord was about to be severed by my C-2, C-3 and C-4 pressing against it. He got me in his office and started calling surgeons while explaining the MRI with me. I had surgery the next Monday.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

This doctor is not a people person, and does not follow up with phone calls. When there is a problem and blood work is suggested, it requires a patient calling back to get results of any kind, no matter how serious. During sessions, he does not let me finish speaking my concerns before interrupting me and telling me what to do. He comes across rude, and has also told me to Google something that he did not know. I had severe medical problems as a result of his carelessness, and will be going back to my old neurologist first thing Monday morning.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

I can only comment on Dr. Imam's knowledge of migraines. I had a horrible experience under Dr. Imam's care in 2013. I went to the er with a severe hemiplegic migraine with numbness and auras and lost my speech and confused words. Dr. Imam told me and my mother (who also has suffered from migraines for over 30 years and has lost her speech) that he had never seen these symptoms. This can be found on almost any list of migraine symptoms. Instead of checking he refused to believe this is what I had and said I had an altered mental state. I left the care of Dr. Imam and subsequently missed 10 days of work because I had severe migraines for 5 days straight. I am lucky to have a wonderful GP in Dallas who said I had been misdiagnosed and knew I was having migraines. She sent me to a great neurologist in Dallas who knew I was stuck in a migraine cycle and. I am thoroughly disappointed in Dr. Imam's migraine knowledge and would not recommend him for anyone suffering with migraines.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

has been my Neurologists after two brain surgeries for 10 years

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Dr. Imam is fairly knowledgable in his choice of specialty. However, this does not make him a good doctor. Upon visiting him twice, he ordered a sleep study as well as MRI for me. He basically told me the studies show there is nothing wrong with me and billed me the $35 for the copay visit. I was shocked! He did not offer any explanation of my symptoms (nausea, seizure, shaking, shortness of breath) nor treatment. Just that I was perfectly fine, and goodbye. I would not reccommend you waste your time, gas, or money visiting Dr. Imam. Not everyone is suitable to be a doctor. I have had to visit another specialist for treatment, and I am much better! I have even considered writing Dr. Imam a letter explaining how disgusted I felt after leaving his office. He made it seem as though I were making up my illness and even laughed when I informed him I had staring spells which almost felt like daydreaming. A very big wast of time and money!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Dr. Imam did a VERY thorough sleep study and the sleep lab staff was great (although he has now moved to a new location and probably doesn't have the same staff), so if you have sleep apnea or other similar sleep issues, he is the doctor to see. However, I did not have a great experience there. He is not very sympathetic to illness that is not easily explained scientifically. I was diagnosed with an illness that is not well understood by many doctors a year after seeing Imam. I complained of my problems to him and it was clear there was an issue (I woke up more than 300 times during the 8 hour sleep study), but since he could not figure out why, he explained it away as a psychiatric problem despite my insistence that I am NOT depressed. I later found a doctor who diagnose me correctly. In short, he's great if you have a common illness and very knowledgeable in those areas, but he was not willing to listen to me.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Asher S. Imam's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Southlake, TX