Ratings for Dr. Johan Steinberg

Rude, uncaring, this guy is in it for the money only, he will try to sell CPap machines they are linked to Westcare Medical. Bewarwe of this guy. He thinks most people are idiots.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

This doctor should not be able to practice in Canada. He misdiagnosed my sister resulting in complete hearing loss in one ear. There was clear eveidence of multiple ear infections and he failed to see that and told the 18 year old she had arthritis in her jawbone and to stop taking medication. It then ruptured her ear drum causing her extreme pain and HEARING LOSS. Do not go to this doctor. Make the trip to Abbotsford if you have to. Seriously.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I saw Dr. Steinberg today about a theist issue and during my visit he touched a scanned cold sore on my nose with his gloved finger and asked what it was. So I told him it was a cold sore, then a minute later he basically shoved his finger down my throat with the SAME FINGER and felt around. I was in shock I didn't know what to do. Now I am terrified he has spread my cold sore to my throats and mouth. I can't even get hold of him by email or voicemail to express my concerns and that I am very upset. He is an ENT specialist and I am appalled at his practice. I do not recommend him at all!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Cranky, abrupt and impatient with kids. Felt it was in his right to tell off my 5 year old for completely age appropriate behavior (picking up a poster, which I was correcting) and then let my nine-year-old have it for standing up for his brother, before telling me he had nothing to offer us for my son's symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

The worst experience EVER! I have been having sleep issues for a while and figured I should find out if there are any physical medical pieces to consider. I did the at home test and was sent to him. When I got there I was brought to his office and tried to sit in a chair to the side. He told me to sit in the one in front of him. I did and the he got in my space and so I tried to move the chair to be comfortable with a man i didn't know. I couldn't! HE CUT THE WHEELS on the chair in half so people can move! WTF. Then he proceeds to tell me he hates working with counsellors. I am one. And then tried to go into my childhood experiences insinuating that I may have an addiction problem and not a sleep problem. I just wanted the results of my at home test!!! He then says I need to do a 2 week sleep deprivation schedule or he won't see me. I said that would be almost impossible. He said he would write me a note tontake time off work. I WORK FOR MYSELF. At the very end he told me I stopped breathing 14x. In the 3.5 hr I wore the machine. Could have started with that! Don't go to this person!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I found this doctor to be very good. He is well versed. I found him to be quite charming and a sense of humour which was a nice change. He is a great doctor and helped me. Thanks to me for everything.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr. Steinberg is an excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable and efficient. Treated me fully from my condition

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Steinberg is the most thorough specialist I've seen these past 18 months! He immediately performed a much needed allergy test, giving me real-world data that I can start applying to take ownership of my health again. Whereas other ENT's I've seen in Greater Vancouver would repeatedly send me for X-rays only to receive the same null results; without hesitation Dr. Steinberg referred me for a CT scan in order to finally determine an accurate treatment protocol for the condition I've been struggling with daily for 18 months. Dr. Steinberg is well versed in medical diagnostics, up-to-date with the scientific literature related to his specialties as an Otorhinolaryngologist, but isn't afraid to do what doctors have done for centuries: put on a pair of gloves and perform a physical inspection of the problem area. Fortunately, as a previously robust adult in his 20's, I feel that in Dr. Steinberg's care I will finally be treated for this non-oncology related condition that other ENT's had disavowed me for once they ruled out cancer; which Dr. Steinberg efficiently confirmed the previous ENT's ruling while examining the location producing so many issues for me. Dr Steinberg has given me new confidence in medical practitioners, when I was near-ready to resign to dealing with at-best an annoyingly uncomfortable condition which was disconcerting enough at-times to give me a reason to take trips to the ER. Ultimately, joining Dr. Steinberg's care, I have moved several steps forward to determining the long-term malady I've dealt with and finally taking a step towards formulating a treatment protocol with Dr. Steinberg; while I had been running in circles with my previous ENT's. I will definitely be recommending Dr. Steinberg to every friend, acquaintance, and family member I come across with a Ear, Nose and Throat-related issue. P.S. I'm greatly appreciative for the patience given to me by the whole clinic, allowing for me to write out a complete explanation of the various circumstances that have been related to my issue. I'm glad I wasn't forced to prepare a 5-minute elevator pitch explaining an 18-month medical condition. Thank you

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

twice I have been treated as a different patient, if I didn't query it would have travelled many miles for an other patient's treatment

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I found him to be very arrogant. he did not care to hear a peep from me and gave me a ludicrous diagnosis. he was all about how quickly he could get me out the door. too bad Dr Kloppers has retired!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017