Dr. Ryan Doyle

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ryan Doyle

Backfit Clinic is the real deal, modern, clean, very well run. Dr. Doyle is professional, personable, upbeat. Effectively (somehow!) keeps track of each of his varied clients and assists in finding treatment plans tailored for each. A very good health provider who's assisted me make significant progress in just a few months.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Clearly understands patient rapport and chiropractic. Genuinely wants to be of service. Backfit offers exceptional programs.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Doyle is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He is always in good spirits and genuinely wants to assist people to achieve better health.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I used to take on average 12-14 Tylenol with codeine and muscle relaxers a day. Since Dr. Doyle and the group at back fit I am down to maybe 2 of each in a day. My headaches are better and I can walk without getting pain in my leg and back. I am having more energy to do things and want to get out and walk around and enjoy things again without being sore and stiff all the time. thank you so much to everyone at the Backfit office.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Less than a year ago I was barely able to walk a full street block without hip and back pain. Within the first two months with Dr. Doyle and team I was able to walk to work without any issues and the pain stopped. I had been living with back pain for a very long time and was getting treated for issues that were never there. Backfit was the first place I had gone to that found the problem and were able to help me recover without any drastic procedures.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Doyle goes above and beyond. With my pain he makes sure I am comfortable and informs me of what is going on. Finally finding out where my pain and headaches come from have made me feel better. Thank you so much. Backfit is number one!!!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Last spring, I woke up in pain. I had gone to my doctor, taken pills, tried massage, nothing was helping. I was depressed. One of my friend recommended dr Doyle, who showed me an x-ray of my back and to my surprise a condition that I had for years or possibly decades. Over the past months, dr Doyle with the help of his kinesiologist, dr Eisert and a physiotherapist in his office helped to not only repair my deteriorated back but also slowly helped me to integrate exercise, nutrition and a new way to think into my life. My backscore went from 57% to 72% and I feel like I'm a functioning healthy human being again. I have gained a new confidence in myself and feel that I have the ability to maintain this level of function with my newly acquired habits even though I see backfit much less now. Forever grateful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

In August 2016 I was diagnosed with a herniated L4/L5 disc that ultimately has ended in me having a microdisectomy. I began seeing Dr. Doyle and the team at BackFit at the end of August after I received my diagnosis. I walked into their facility not being able to stand up straight and having severe, crippling, sciatic pain down my left side every few steps that I took. The results over the next few months were phenomenal. Three months of several treatments a week took me back to a position where I felt comfortable walking around and tending to light duty work with minimal sciatic pain. Although my scenario eventually ended up in surgery, I consider myself one of the more severe cases, and I will definitely continue treatment post-op for PT and core strengthening. Dr. Doyle and his staff taught me the way that I need to take care of my back outside of their clinic, so that a situation like my own can be averted further on down the road. Their hard work, and amazing amounts of knowledge made me feel very comfortable and confident in the treatment that I was receiving from them. I highly recommend going to see Dr. Doyle and the BackFit team, and hope that you will listen to and retain the information that is given to you. I have no doubt that the things that I have learnt (home care) at BackFit will continue on with me for the rest of my life, and I am unspeakably happy with the results that I have received while being a patient of Dr. Doyle. I hope others will have the same results and positive interactions that I have received while attending this facility.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

In September of 2015, I was overwhelmed with pain from my back and down my left leg . I spent most my time on the floor taking prescription pain killers just to manage through the day. As a yoga practitioner I could not believe that this was happening to me. Then I met Dr. Doyle and the Backfit crew. Their facility and Core Level exercises got me moving my spine back into into the right place. Every day I would do what little I could. These little victories quickly snowballed provided that I was diligent with my exercises at home. It was not long until I found myself not needing my prescription. The following February I was back practicing yoga and now, just over a year since, I love saying that, "I'm feeling like a human again!"

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I am truly impressed with Dr Doyle and associated staff at the Backfit Clinic! I have repeatedly slipped discs in my lumbar spine from my late teens through to my early 30's including one bout of emergency surgery due to sudden muscle weakness and loss of mobility associated with a particularly large herniation. The surgery was successful and I spent two years rebuilding my back. I actually made it to a place where I was pain free and could run roughly 5K a few times a week, along with reguar laps at the pool and time in the gym doing strength training. Then during relocation to Victoria in 2014, I slipped a disc again and cycled downward rapidly to a place where I could barely walk a few blocks or stand straight with equal weight on two feet. I then spent two years trying different things. While there were improvements and setbacks, I was not able to achieve any pain free days until August 2016 after working with Dr Doyle and keeping up with my "homework" for several weeks. Three months in and I have lengthily periods where I'm largely pain free (without any medication). My posture is far better, I've regained clarity of thought, I'm able to participate in much more, and I'm just feeling a lot better in general. I can honestly say after a long history of back problems, spanning multiple provinces and clinics I've never seen anything quite like the Backfit clinic - the attention to detail and wholistic approach is remarkable and sadly rare. If you can bring the ring to mordor, but don't know the way (and your condition lends yourself to this form of treatment), I hope Dr Doyle and his team can help you as much as they did me.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Ryan Doyle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

What motivates me? I am an athlete by nature. I am active in the 70.3 ironman circuit. I am motivated by learning how to keep the body active well into one’s 80’s and sharing with others how to fulfill their physical dreams. Seeing people that have disabilities overcome obstacles and WIN; seeing people, in general, accomplish more in their life than they thought possible. What I know about health: Health is a journey. I have come to learn that the health we have today is directly correlated with how we used to treat ourselves. Health is a result of the habits and rituals we have created. What we put into our bodies nutritionally, our thoughts and through physical effort create the health we have today. Over my lifetime, I have failed in many areas of health and as a result I have learned some of my greatest lessons. Spinal health has been close to my heart due to sporting injuries and seizures that I have had as a child. Ever since, I have been on a quest to change the paradigm of spinal health. I am grateful for: I am grateful for my amazing wife, Tracy…My daughter, Ayvah, and my son, Kingston. My parents provided opportunities for me that I cannot say thank you enough for, and I am here to give back. At Backfit, I cannot express how fortunate I am to work with a group of people so dedicated to innovation, excellence and the pursuit of the best possible solutions to health. I am blessed. My goal: To teach solutions to long-term spinal health across the world.

• English