Ratings for Dr. Larry C. Stutts

Very bad attitude does not care about his patients and does not spend time in the rooms with you to discuss problems or concerns

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Stutts is an excellent doctor. He is kind and compassionate. He helped me through a very difficult pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Stutts is very caring and helpful. My experience has been great with him and his office. I recommend him to anyone who asks. He is very knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Dr. Stutts was un necessarily rough and sloppy with my body during his exams. I have heard this man was a vet prior to being an obgyn and I most definitly felt like a farm animal under his care. I was hurt vaginally and I bled for days. I would wait an hour to see him for 5 minutes and then off I would go to the hospital to be hooked up to a monitor with out food for several hours and with out any explanation of why I was there. My questions were often avoided. His unprofessional nurses barked orders and showed very little respect. His nurse practitioner only offered yes and no responses and seemed cold. It was as if she had some sort of superiortiy complex when it came to unwedded mothers to be. When I went into labor Dr. Stutts bedside manner did not improve. He had no interest in helping me to feel comfortable. He was shocked when I was cursing during labor. After I had my baby I was told by his nurse practitioner that they could not help and that I would have to see some one else

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

I desired to have my first birth as naturally as possible though open to anything for the health of the baby. After explaining this on one visit, he said "why don't you just stop reading books and ask me what I'm going to do?". The hospital had an online birth plan that I had filled out though it seemed as if he used it as a checklist so as to do the opposite (water breaking naturally, choice of epidural & comfort measures, etc.). He yelled at me during the active birth among other things. My husband and I agreed not to have anything more to do with him. Another local Ob/Gyn was located for the follow-up visits and such. On another note, I know and have friends who absolutely love him. I don't know if it was the desire to be as natural as possible or what the problem was but he seemed terribly arrogant and indignant to any options other than those he had laid out. I would warn women AND their husbands against using this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

Dr. Stutts delivered both of my children and I absolutley love him. He is a Christian man and makes sure that you know that. He doesn't do any of the testing that would allow someone to abort a pregnancy. He feels you will have what God gives you and I agree 100%. I am thankful for my two children and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

I used Dr. Stutts many years ago, and can say nothing but good things. I had a difficult pregnancy requiring a great deal of special treatment. Dr. Stutts did everything in his power to make sure my baby got that care. I did (and always will) find it funny that before Dr. S was an ob/gyn, he was a vet. When I delivered, I killed two birds with one stone and asked his advice on my dog and her upcoming labor and delivery. :)

flag | Submitted August 20, 2006

HE WAS GREAT DURING MY PREGNANCY. DURING DELIVERY HE WAS CALLED SEVERAL TIMES AND WAs at a restaurant within walking distance BUT DIDN,T COME. UNTIL AFTER DESSERT. MY BABY HAD THE UMBILICAL CORD WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK TWICE, HIS HEART RATE DROPPED DANGEROUSLY LOW WITH EACH CONTRACTION, GOING COMPLETELY OUT SEVERAL TIMES FINALLY AFTER 23 HOURS AND SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO TRY AND DISLODGE THE CORD, AND MUCH PRAYING AND CRYING HE WAS BORN. HIS BLOOD SUGAR WAS 38. HE HAD TO STAY IN THE NURSERY FOR 48 HOURS, HAVE AN IV PUT IN HIS HEAD AFTER 13 TRIES AND SPEND AN EXTRA NIGHT IN THE HOSP. I WASN'T ALLOWED TO BREAST FEED HIM BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY TO SUCK. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FRIGHTENED IN ALL MY LIFE. MAYBE I SHOULD OF HAD A C-SECTION SOMETIME BEFORE -- OH SAY THE 15TH OR 16TH HOUR? DUH!! YOU THINK, DR. STUTTS???

flag | Submitted July 8, 2006

He was wonderful during both of my pregnancies as well as for my routine gynecological visits. He was willing to LISTEN and talk WITH me during my pregancies. During the first one, I had difficulties that resulted in a night time ER visit. They called before the office opened that morning to check on me and told me to come on in and then admitted me to the hospital. They gave me very attentive care. They also were wonderful about answering my many questions during the rest of the pregnancy. I will always recommend Dr. Stutts.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2005

Dr. Larry C. Stutts's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Molina