Ratings for Dr. Charles D. Mok

Incredible! I couldn't be happier with my results from all of the procedures that I've had done here. I have had botox and fillers, lasers, coolsculpting, and more and the staff, doctors, everyone in the office is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Please do not go there, save your money, your time, and your pain. I had my nose done there and paid $6,500. The result is horrible. I was told to wait a year to see better result. I waited a year and my nose got worse. I did two more surgery with them to fix my nose and each time my nose looked worse. Now they are totally ignoring me. It had been one lie after another with them. I am honestly at this point looking into a lawsuit. I have talk to few lawyers and I have a good chance of winning. Allure Medical Spa not only took my money but few years of my life. They place may look nice, clean, and the staff are all well spoken but that just a form of show to hide behind. staff.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Charles D. Mok

Dr. Charles D. Mok's response
We all know there are phony reviews intended to damage reputations. Some are subtle with a hint of truth designed to inflict damage. Others are totally fabricated with no basis in reality. I, Dr Charles Mok, have never performed nasal surgery, rhinoplasty. This is one of those reviews you will read from time to time that was made up with malicious intent. The website has no obligation to sort truth from fiction, so these will continue.

Submitted August 8, 2016

I had a breast aug done here in March and I regret this more than anything I have ever done. It is now late August and I still have not returned to work due to nerve damage in my dominant hand. The girls who started my IV before surgery were horrible and had to try 3 times before getting it right. I got a DVT in my right arm as well following surgery. I was originally supposed to have the surgery through my nipple and then they talked me into getting the implants through my auxillary area after I was already given sedation medication. I have spent thousands of dollars for medications and physio therapy related to complications from this surgery. I have had to travel to see different specialists for both my DVT and my nerve damage. The nerve damage has caused permanent muscle loss in my right dominate hand and I will possibly need a nerve graft surgery very soon. Aside from my medical conditions my breast look horrible. I have a double breast appearance on both breast (double bubble). This whole situation has been a horror story and I don't recommend anyone going here for breast augmentation or getting it down at all. I thought this would make me better and more beautiful but this has only caused me sickness and distress. Never again will I do anything like this to my body. Ladies please take this advice and don't do this. You are beautiful just the way you are!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

People, stop being swayed by media advertisements and pretty offices. Dr. Mok is NOT A PLASTIC SURGEON his training was in emergency medicine. Do your research people!!! Maybe that's why people are having lopsided breasts and unsatisfactory surgeries. Botox/laser and non invasive procedures can virtually be done by any medical professional but leave the real surgery to the real Plastic Surgeons. Shame on allure for misleading so many people for the sake of their pocket! DISGUSTING!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I had a breast augmentation and my breasts were completely botched. My right breast was 3 cm lower than my left and was also protruding into my armpit. I noticed it right when I woke up from surgery and they said it was just the swelling and they had to drop, the next day they looked even worse and I went in there crying and they basically rushed me out telling me it was the way my body was when before I had small PERFECTLY EVEN BREASTS. A couple months later I had another consultation somewhere else and they were flabbergasted at the fact he would even tell me "it was how my body was before". At that consultation they also told me Mok used faulty surgical technique and over dissected my right pocket into my armpit and he should of noticed before closing me up. This surgeon was very helpful and told me to go back to Mok and tell him what he said and see if he would refund me or offer to fix them, Mok did say he would fix them at no cost and do what the other surgeon said. The day before surgery I got a call that Dr. Trupiano was now doing my surgery, when before I asked if Dr. Mccrary could and they told me the person who did it the first time HAS TO BE THE ONE TO DO THE REVISION. I was angry and at that point didn't know if I wanted to go through with it. My mom told me she looked up Dr. Trupiano and he's board certified unlike Mok and I should just go in and see what he says before surgery. When I got there the nurses prepping me told me they were only fixing one of my breasts and I told them Mok said he would fix both because they both needed work done so they went to get Dr. Trupiano. I could here him talking about me before coming into my curtained area saying "Oh boy" in an aggravated tone, he then came in with such attitude telling me my right breast was normal and my left one (the one that was centered and just needed to be dropped) was the messed up one. It wasn't until I started crying and told him I'm your walking advertisement not only does every single one of my friends think you screwed up my breasts, other surgeons at other consultations agreed. He then said Mok will be doing your surgery. I wanted to walk out of there but I don't have the money to get them fixed somewhere else so I talked to Mok and made sure he understood what I wanted done and how I wanted them to look (based on what my other consultations said needed to be done for them to look perfect). Now I wish I would of just walked right out. They still look screwed up, they're still uneven, one is bigger than the other, and still one is protruding into my armpit in only the bottom corner so it looks like I have a triangle boob. I also not only have scars in my armpits from the first surgery but now under my breasts as well. I will most certainly be trying to get my money back and do what I have to do because of the damage they have done and the attitude and unprofessional way they acted.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Charles D. Mok

Dr. Charles D. Mok's response
Hello, We sincerely apologize if anything about your experience here was less than five stars. I have provided our leadership team with your comments and feedback. Please call us at your earliest convenience to discuss this situation. You can ask for me personally and I will get you to the right person. 586-992-8300 or via email at info@alluremedicalspa.com. – Jackie P.

Submitted June 11, 2015

Had mesotherapy there. I was not informed it is not FDA approved. They told me I might have "mild to moderate"discomfort, and didn't expect me to really have much bruising or pain afterwards. That's the understatement of the year! I had extreme massive black/blue/red bruising all over the back of my legs where they did the injections. Extreme swelling with rock like nodules under the skin, and extreme sensitivity and pain. I could not sit or walk much for about 3 days. The pain continued for another 1-2 weeks. When I asked them several times about this, they said it was "normal", and just brushed me off like I was exagerating. I have pictures that are very disturbing! I asked for something for the pain, stronger than tylenol or motrin, and again they just basically ignored me. I am very angry they did not warm me properly about the side effect of all those mesotherapy injections. Plus, it didn't even give me any results whatsoever, and I paid $2,000.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. MOK WAS GOOD UNTIL AFTER THE SURGERY. I HAD A COMBITUCK & NOT HAPPY OR SATISFIED. MY INCISION HAD HARD TIME HEALING AND WHEN I CALLED ABOUT IT AND WENT IN A COUPLE TIMES ABOUT IT ALL THEY SAID WAS IT WILL HEAL.THEN IT HEALED REOPENED ON IT'S OWN & SPIT OUT THE SUTURES & THE SCAR IT BIG & BULKY IT LOOKS PRETTY BAD.IT WILL BE A YEAR AT THE END OF MAY AND I STILL HAVE SWELLING THAT COMES & GO'S.ONE SIDE OF MY WAIST IS SMALLER THANKS THE OTHER SIDE.WHEN SEEING MOK AT THE 2ND APPPOINTMENT HE ACT AS IF HE WAS ON A TIME LIMIT TOLD ME I GAINED WEIGHT & THAT IS,WHY MY BELLY WAS ROUNDING OUT. BEDSIFE MANNERS HORRIBLE. I REALIZED I WEIGHT THE SAME AS I DID BEFORE SURGERY BUT HE SAYS HE TOOK OUT 10LBS. HE JUST WASN'T NiCE AT ALL & I REFUSE TO GO BACK & NOW I REALIZR MY INCISION IS WAY TOO HIGH UP & NOT IN THE CREASE OF MY PANTY LINE. ONE SIDE OF INCISION SWELLS FROM TIME TO TIME. I WAITED JUST ABOUT A YEAR TO REALLY SEE RESULTS & NOPE IT'S NOT GOOD.O LETS NOT FORGET HOW I WAS CONSTIPATED FOR 4 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY & NO ONE TOLD ME & MY NAVEL IS CLOSING WHICH NO ONE TALKED TO ME ABOUT.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Mok and his staff have given me the best experience I've ever had for surgery. First of all, the facility itself is absolutely beautiful, he spared no expense. The whole staff is very hospitable and very concerning for the patients and your stay there. They made me feel very comfortable and I enjoyed the whole experience. Dr Mok did my breast augmentation after Dr Roche did it a year ago. Doctor Roche left me with implants that did not completely drop, so I had extra skin hanging on the bottom, and the implants started shifting towards my armpits. When I confronted him about it he agreed and saw what I saw, but refused to correct them, unless I paid for the whole procedure again, whether they were his fault or not.I understand that as nature takes its course, sometimes you will not get the results you were hoping for, but the best advertisement from a plastic surgeon is the work that they do. Dr Mok not only fixed my augmentation, but provided me with a an entirely much better experience. I would recommend him to anybody to go to. I am upset with myself for wasting the time that I did and not going to him in the first place. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Mok, his staff, and the experience that they have given me. I will be forever grateful for them.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Hello, First of all, the Shelby Township facility itself is amazing, you feel at home as soon as you get off the elevator. All the creature comforts are there for you, coffee, tea, cookies etc., comfortable furniture and a big screen TV. Of coarse that all means nothing if the doctors and staff let you down. That however is NOT the case, I am currently being treated by Angie with PRP treatments for hair loss, after the first treatment I noticed a difference in how my scalp felt more alive. I saw Angie last week for my 2nd of 3 treatments and before the treatment she took a full array of photos of my scalp and hair to compare to the initial photos taken on my first visit. My 2nd visit was only 3 weeks after my first and to my surprise when comparing the new photos with the originals, there was a noticeable improvement, after only 3 weeks. The procedure itself is no big deal. Angie is AMAZING, she is so considerate and thoughtful to your comfort level and overall well being. I could not have asked for a more understanding and patient professional, especially in the day and age where typically your treated like a number in most places and simply pushed through the system. I can't wait to see the difference when I go in for my 3rd treatment. I highly recommend Allure Medical Spa. If you are considering PRP treatments, do yourself a favor and go see Angie, she is the best medical provider I have ever come across in my 51 years. Frank J.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Extremely pleased! Doctor Mok did my Botox 3weeks ago now no more gummy smile and feeling confident! Now can't wait to next appt for skin tightening! Small wait but expected it and well worth it! I wouldn't compare the wait like my other doctor takes 1 1/2 after sitting in my paper gown lol dr Mok is straight to the point but answered my questions. I liked that!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Charles D. Mok's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Providence