Ratings for Dr. Ednan Mushtaq

I went to see Dr. Mushtaq after I suffered a terrible work related injury to my nose. Dr. Mushtaq was very nice and personable at the visits before surgery and showed me a book of before and after photos to reassure my concerns. I was a bit worried about seeing an ENT doctor to perform a complex reconstructive procedure on my nose since he wasn’t certified in plastic surgery. Letting Dr. Mushtaq operate on my face was the worst mistake of my life. My nose is mangled and I have been experiencing infections inside my nasal passages. After surgery, Dr. Mushtaq become a different person as if he morphed into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He was angry, rude and dismissed my pleas for help. Once he was paid he could care a less about my health. I went to see him when I experienced my first infection and he diagnosed me with the flu without any test. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with Cellulitis and had to get IV fluids. Later, my workers comp rep informed me that doctor Mushtaq charged double for my procedure and a few months later tacked on another 10 thousand dollars. I remember the first thing Dr. Mushtaq said to me at my post-op appointment, “I decided to give you a nose similar to a model I saw on TV”. I was not undergoing a cosmetic procedure but rather surgery to have my fracture/damage fixed from the injury. Dr. Mushtaq ruined my nose and now I have constant drainage and I cannot breathe out of either side. I keep getting infections and my nose is crooked and lumpy.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Please listen carefully, Dr. Mushtaq is not a plastic surgeon so don’t let him fool you! Do not let this him perform surgery on your face! He destroyed my nose, left me with permanent deformities and I will never be the same. I have spent over 30k out of my own pocket to have another surgeon fix the damage that he caused to my face. I contacted his office many times, begged him to remedy the situation and he was condescending and rude. I have been hospitalized many times for serious infections and I now have permanent scarring. I had a promising career in modeling and now my dreams are crushed. I trusted that he knew what he was doing and this was the worst mistake of my life. I cannot stand the sight of my face in the mirror not to mention the mental anguish I have experienced as a result of this terrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I had a vocal cord polyp removed Aug 30, 2017 and Dr. Mushtaq was fantastic from before, during and after! Truly in all ways he was so knowledgeable, very professional and very personalable. Because of such I'm having him correct a nostril matter I've had since birth where my breathing always was difficult. I just was used to it until Dr. Mushtaq saw it and informed me how different my breathing and oxygen levels could be. Great I look forward to mud Dec. 2017!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I saw Dr. Mushtaq back in 2011. He did my sinus surgery which required 6 followup visits. The surgery was a success and greatly reduced the number of sinus infections I get. (Once every year or so instead of every other month.) When I had a little bleeding, I called his answering service and he called me back right away. When I explained to him that I had lost my job, he agreed to just charge me the co-pay. The only complaint that that I have is that the office tends to be busy, so I had to sit in the exam room for a longer than I would have liked. Not enough to keep me away, though. Now that I'm having issues with my tonsils and I have a job, I will be seeking out his medical expertise again.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

"You have to understand we have a lot of patients," and "the doctor doesn't call back patients," are only a couple of the lines of the horrendous exchange with his staff as I was trying to get my probably infected lipoma on my forehead removed.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

It was a frightening scene when our youngest daughter Kayla fell face first into the diving board and broke her nose. With all the swelling, blood, pain and tears, I feared she might be scarred for life. I couldn’t have imagined that in just a few weeks, after several surgeries, she’d look as good as new!! She doesn’t suffer from any lasting damage. We appreciate not only your skill but how kind and patient you walked us through each option and then performed each procedure within just a day or two of each discussion. It’s a miracle! Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I agree with what others said about Dr. Mushtaq’s unethical and his profi-driven behavior. You expect much more from an MD. He recommends unnecessary procedures to charge the patients more. He was very kind and sweet prior to my rhinoplasty. However he turned very cold and mean, looking at me with angry eyes, when I expressed my unhappiness with the results. Suffice it to say that you won’t see a picture of my nose as one of his artworks in the albums he so proudly shows others.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Extremely talented with his hands. My whole family sees him for allergy and once for cosmetic plastic surgery. The office is clean and in a nice building right next to the McLean post office. The staff is very polite.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

I adore Dr. Mushtaq. He is a true professional and exceptionally knowledgeable doctor. I owe him so much as he has cured my allergy and sinus problems. I first saw him for treatment in 2007. I have consistently been his patient since 2011. His staff is awesome though the young ladies who give the allergy shots could be a bit friendlier. His head nurses and receptionists are perfect. I have never had to wait more than three minutes to get an allergy shot. Dr. Mushtaq has had some emergency surgeries and cancelled a few times but that gives me the confidence that he will prioritize surgery for his patients in cases of emergencies. I love this doctor and his team. Love, love, love them !!! He has corrected my allergies and sinuses. Plenty of free office parking and easy to get to from Route 123.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I forgot the exact name of the type of operation that was done to my nose but I will say that I can breathe much better now thanks to this doctor. He explains everything clearly, and really cares about his patients. Well done Dr. Mushtaq!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Ednan Mushtaq's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Illinois