Ratings for Dr. Randy A. Spector

I went in for a stomach virus, I had nausea and some vomiting going on. I called that day and was able get an appointment at 3:45pm. I called around 11:30am. I called around 2pm because the nausea was getting worse and it IS an emergency that I get an RX for either anti nausea suppository or oral dissolvent. As I walked in, I waited 5 minutes for a clerk or secretary to come to the front desk to acknowledge me. I told her that I feel a wave of vomiting coming up and could I please wait in the restroom. I waited 15 minutes for this "Why are you here?" "I cannot help you I do not have IV's" I told him look i just started getting this stomach bug and all I need is an RX for it. "NO" "I cannot help you" "go to the ER". Really? He knew all this from standing over me as I sat near the toilet. He didnt even take my vitals, NOTHING. He just kicked me out right from the bathroom. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

My family and I have been seeing this doctor for as long as I can remember.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I have his patient for along time. He's so nice. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

He expects you to pay before he sees you. I am a Medicare patient and with my insurance pay $20 or less. On my last visit the receptionist said that I owed $89.20. We quibbled back and forth about this. Finally she said that she would bill Medicare and send me the bill for what was my responsibility. When I got the bill it was for only $15.97. That is a FAR CRY from$89.20. Also, the office does not give refunds, I was told.They credit your next visit. But, what if the patient does not want to come back or dies or moves. He or she is out the money. I am seeing a different doctor who bills Medicare and my secondary insurance and then sends me the bill for the remainder. I don't need the hassle with Dr. Spector's office. I don't even think that it is honest what his office is doing.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

He missed my daughter's Multiple Myeloma. She went to him because she felt tired. There was a higher than usual protein on her blood results. When she questioned him, he told her not to worry about it. She didn't listen to him and went to an oncologist/Hemotologist and was diagnosed with stage 2 MM. To this day, he doesn't realize what he did. Thank goodness my daughter was smarter than him. If you go to him be ready to be your own advocate. He also made me cry in the office one day because he was so rude. He never apoligized. I never went back to him. That was unrelated to my daughter. It happen before her experience with him.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Called to ask Dr. Spector if he could set up some resources for a patient. He didn't understand how to do it, over-complicated the process, acted annoyed, and practically hung up on me. Do you want to help your patient or not? His arrogance and lack of patience spoke volumes. We're all busy and no, you are not superior. I do not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was a patient for over 15 yrs before moving out of state. He is a good doctor although he is lazy when writing out prescriptions. He'll put all on 1 script. Also he is extremely difficult when asked to fill out paperwork. If you have other problems besides the one you're there for he gets' very frustrated and even mad. Overall a good Doc and staff is very accommodating.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I have been a patient for 18 years, and highly recommend him. I can always get an appointment when I need one, which is huge to me as when I am sick and need treatment, I need it right away so I can get back to work. Office is out-dated, but appointment availability and treatment are much more important to me than the looks of the office. The only negative I have to say is that not accepting credit cards is inconvenient to me.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Spector is an intelligent, extraordinary family practitioner, very committed to medical science, up on recent diverse treatment protocols , and strictly dedicated to the art of healing. We, have been for 3 years, and have been appreciative for the quality of the care received from, Dr.Spector. His staff is very helpful and goes above and beyond to help answer questions in a timely manner.He has always been honest regarding his capabilities and does not hesitate to refer patients if a condition is not within his capability to treat. We have never been disappointed by the care we receive from him.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Very good doctor. Honest. Does have a sense of humor but sometimes rushed. Office is neat and clean. That is more important than "being modern." Staff is very nice to me.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr. Randy A. Spector's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal