Ratings for Dr. John R. Miklos

in the last week I was not happy with Dr. Miklos. I had intense complications from the catheter after surgery and had to stay in the hospital for days instead of what was supposed to be an overnight stay. His initial response when the nurse called him to inform him I was having extreme bladder pressure was just to give additional pain meds. It was an ordeal that lasted several days that was only relieved when Miklos finally called in another urologist who prescribed medication to relax bladder spasms. After going home, I suffered with continued fever for a couple of weeks after surgery with no prior health issues. The office seemed at times to be disorganized and was erratic about returning calls or resolving an error they made in billing. I kept having to call back for nearly a year to stop receiving a $10 invoice that I shouldn’t have been billed to begin with. At the follow up visit 8 weeks after surgery, there was an obvious flaw in the repair he had done, and his response was “Well that’s not a deal breaker for me, it’s not for you, is it?” When I indicated I definitely did want it corrected, but also very much did not want a catheter this time, he insisted it was necessary but said he’d use a smaller one and for me to come back in a few months for him to do the revision. Upon consulting with another surgeon with the same credentials, I was informed it was unnecessary to use a catheter for this correction. I could have had Miklos operate again at no cost but instead chose to pay full price and am very happy I did. I wish I would’ve chosen this surgeon instead of Miklos to begin with. No one from his practice ever even followed up to ask about scheduling the revision. My experience made me believe Miklos is better at marketing his world renowned skills than actually caring about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Very unhappy with his performance. A lot of hype but not able to actually be helpful. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Miklos spent a lot of time answering my questions and expertly performed a much needed surgery on me. I haven't had any issues since the surgery and am very impressed with Dr. Miklos' surgical skills. His office staff is a total liability. His billing person is completely incompetent. I have spent the last 15 months trying to get someone at the office to call me back to resolve their billing mistakes. Even though I was assured that my bill was fully paid on the day of my surgery, five months later I received a $6,000 bill from Dr. Jacobs, the Anesthesiologist. Then, 15 months later, Miklos sent me an $8,000 bill. I suggest finding another surgeon with a competent, responsive, and friendly staff. This medical practice isn't worth the hassle.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

All this man cares about is $$$$ (i.e. Getting it from any means he can). He lacks all morals or ethics. He preys on women. Find yourself a real doctor!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

He did exactly what he told me he would do. He told me he couldn't guarantee that if he removed the mesh that the pain would go away but the majority of it did go away. He didn't put the mesh in but he took it out.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Miklos knows what he's doing! Went in after many many years of vaginal pain an finally have relieve. Before i found him another doctor told me he could paralyze my leg if he took all my mesh out drpped that doc an searched out Miklos an Moore an it was such ease from begining to end . All mesh out an of course as Dr. Miklos said ,,,, no paralyzed leg ! Ladies do your homework in looking for mesh removal doc an if thinking about it go to Miklos he is an amazing Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

My search to find a diagnose for 3 1/2 years before I found Dr.Miklos website. The PEACE that came over me the minute I " clicked" . There I was everything I have explained to other Doctors & NO ANSWERS . My Gyno told me to take my husband to Hustler store took a few months before we did this we spent lots of$$$ trying to find gadget to help . My new found hormone Doctor spent a lot of time trying to help trying different strengths of Bio- Identical hormones. DR.MIKLOS was the only Doctor with answers. Dr. Miklos is KNOWLEDGEABLE, A Matter Of Fact Kinda Guy. Straight forward with facts. Allows you to make informed decisions. Spent 40 min to 1 hour with my husband & I. We felt very confident in DR, Miklos. I wanted 2 other procedures done one of them he said I didn't need " SAVE MY MONEY" & the other he didn't feel he could help me ,he did not do those procedures. We trusted Dr. Miklos so much stayed extra 4 days in Atlanta because of a minor complication felt I would not receive the care at home that I would get at Dr. Miklos office. We also traveled back to Atlanta for post -op I know for a fact I would not have gotten the same great care at home that I got from Dr. Miklos. I have recommended Dr. Miklos & even offered to bring a friend in need of his expertise . Dr. Miklos is the BEST OF BEST My surgery Date Aug. 26 2014 Procedures Done : Laparoscopic Hysteropexy with mesh, Paravaginal Repair, Posterior Repair, Perineoplasty, Labia Minor Reduction,Cystoscopy, Vaginoplasty . I am almost 11 month post-op FEELING RENEWED

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

A lot more focused on making money than helping anyone. Brusque, rude, and abrasive .

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Miklos is the best of the best. I highly recommend Dr. Miklos. My surgery was Oct 21,2014 prior to surgery I could hardly walk due to the eroded mesh. I also had a lot of scar tissue and exposed mesh. I had seen several doctors prior to Dr. Miklos. One was not going to remove, only tuck and sew. Second was only going to remove partial. I could not get answers, if they had ever removed mesh before. I was terrified. I stumbled upon Dr. Miklos on the internet and am so thankful! My first appointment I was so relieved and felt confident that Dr. Miklos was the right surgeon for the job without a doubt. He spent over an hour with me explaining everything in detail. He was knowledgeable, kind, caring, and supportive. The business department explained everything in detail regarding cost and offered to assist with insurance billing. The RN was wonderful with assisting with writing medical updates to my employer while I was out on medical leave. It is an office with a full team effort of full case management of your medical issue. They are prompt to return phone calls. Dr. Miklos was very supportive at the hospital while I was waiting to go into surgery. He also was wonderful after the surgery and the next morning came to my hospital room and gave me a full update on my surgery. After surgery while at home recovering, I had a minor issue that alarmed me and the RN immediately called me and assisted me. The surgery went well and was able to remove most of the mesh and remove the scar tissue. However, I still have the groin pain that has not gone away but I am told it is nerve damage from the mesh. I am still thankful to have it out and the scar tissue fixed successfully. The first two doctors I consulted were covered under my insurance plan however my gut told me to go with Dr. Miklos who was out of network with my plan. I believe you pay for what you get! Worth every Penny! If you want the surgery done right, the first time, and only time go with Dr. Miklos!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Marketing company did a great job for this office. I paid a lot of money to have a worse problem than before with incontinence. I have lawyers calling me about this bladder sling procedure I had a few months ago. All bladder sling companies are in litigation. Didn't know that! The doctors do though and they keep doing the procedures. HUGE FAILURE for me. They offer medication as a solution when I am literally wetting myself in public, while asleep, etc. Do I really want to go back to someone who offers meds to "fix" this? I think there are many more failures than they admit. I am so embarrassed to go to my regular OB/GYN and admit that I was swindled! I'm educated, in great physical shape, a business owner, wife, mother and I'm wetting myself in public!!! I have to pay attention to my bladder like a newborn. It's ridiculous and they DO NOT give the same concern after they get your money! DON'T GO THROUGH SURGERY with THIS PRACTICE unless you are DESPERATE. Labiaplasty poor due to being uneven. Guess his hand slipped. My opinion is this: They prey on women who are desperate or who just want relief from incontinence and in my case to look BETTER. Don't count on it!!! Marketing ploy!!

Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. John R. Miklos's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. John R. Miklos is an internationally renowned Vaginal Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon that has dedicated his expertise to helping women regain their self confidence and restore their quality of life and sexual intimacy. Dr. Miklos will empower you with knowledge, choices and alternatives to allow you to make an informed decision about your future. He is the first Gynecologist that is Fellowship trained in both Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery (2 years) and Laparoscopic Reconstructive Surgery (2 years).

• English

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Florida