Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Lama

Two hours waiting time is unprofessional and unacceptable. The reason stated is that there was only one doctor and one technician which is inexcusable. Improve scheduling system and respect my time same as I do the doctors time. I would not expect to walk in two hours late to an appointment and be seen, same as I don't expect to be kept waiting for that length of time.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Great physician. Saved my husband's vision. Caring, answers all questions and returns phone calls ! The best in New Jersey!!! Well worth the wait. Staff are busy, have always found them to be kind and professional.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Not impressed by him as glaucoma dr. Office was not prepared

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

DR. Lama is the best Dr. in his field .He did glaucoma surgery on me 3/13/14 the surgery went beautiful and the results amazing...he is totally professional...he is compasinate,patient and explaines every thing fully...I have had many many office visits there were times when I had to wait but that was due to emergencys....I think if you were an emergency ..you would want the Dr. to see you...all other visits ..I did not wait a long time ..if you want the best ..Dr. Lama is your man...his staff is excellent ....professional , accomodating ..very helpful ..and very friendly ...I thank GOD that I found Dr. Lama ..I no longer worry about losing my sight..I trust this Dr. 110%

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Office staff is very rude. Doctor very inconsiderate of patient's time. Nothing exceptional about his service. The staff performs most of the tests and doctor does very minimal work on the patients.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Had surgery in '06 All is still going well. To previous malcontent- if you want the best, be prepared to wait. Or maybe you should go the the vision center at UMDNJ where Dr. Lama came from. If you do bring a picnic lunch!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Expect to wait over 2-3 hours or more. Office staff is over worked and very rude. They overbook unlike any other Dr in the tri-state area. Expect to see at least 20 people in the waiting room at any given time. His bed-side manner needs lots of work.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. Lama is the best glaucoma specialist in the area. I have been treated by many specialists and Dr. Lama is one of the best and was trained by one of the best (who was also a former Dr. of mine). You do wait but he cares and spends the time to tell you exactly what is going on. He doesn't rush you and takes the time to explain everything. Overall a wonderful Dr. and well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr Lama is a highly skilled surgeon who operated on my eye and placed a shunt for my steroid induced glaucoma. He did a wonderful job and I healed well with no complications. Very caring and committed.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Would highly recommend. Extremely knowledgeable in his field (Glaucoma)Answers all questions and is patient.Great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Paul J. Lama's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hackensack, NJ