Ratings for Dr. Brian Waddle

Mar 7, 2017 This is for the staff at the Santa Cruz Surgery Center: All the staff was extremely attentive to my needs. And wanted to make as comfortable at all times. They were always available when I needed them before and after the hernia operation. They deal with a lot patients and we all want the best care, as we focus on ourselves, not realizing at times that they have done this at least a million times with other patients. All went well and the brief surgery was without any hitches. We don’t want hitches do we? I would highly recommend this surgery center and of course Dr. Waddle to anybody needing their services. I will review him on the other page. Thanks for your happy spirits.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Doctor Waddle is the only reason I'm alive. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

After being unable to schedule an appointment for a routine colonoscopy for 4 months, the office called at 4pm the day before the scheduled procedure (at 7:30 am) to advise the Dr had an emergency the following morning, and needed to change the appointment to 9:00 am. He finally breezed in at 10:25, and then took some phone calls while I waited. he was rude, dismissive, and may be well trained to deal with the rear ends of patients but fails when having to deal with them face to face as human beings. Never again will I bother settling for such treatment.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

He placed a J tube for our son. It failed spectacularly. Formula over 15 ccs an hour caused extreme pain, and it SPURTED gut fluid--soaking a 6 ply bandage in 20 minutes. You could HEAR it spurting. With his already malnourished state and the tube failure, our son had to be hospitalized on the brink of death by starvation. Despite repeated calls by the hospital drs, Waddle refused to come see him for FIVE days. He said "some leakage is normal." He later made the excuse that we'd missed the follow up appointment (in ER at time), and that he couldn't come in EVERY weekend. He was in the hospital for several of those 5 days. In the meantime, his partner came and cut stitches holding the tube in place, causing it to be sucked deeply into the gut. When that caused a level 9 pain, he told the nurses over the phone to pull it. We refused, since they didn't know how, and later learned that it was a good thing we had. Another dr finally had to remove it. Waddle was uncaring to the extreme.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I have seen Dr Waddle a couple times and had my colonoscopy done by him. I give him a stellar rating, as he is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He took all the time needed to answer all my questions, and I never felt rushed.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr Waddle is a very professional and experienced surgeon. I recently had colon surgery and now have a temp colostomy bag on but Dr Waddle always made me feel special. He is always upbeat, happy and honest in his opinions. I feel that he is the best choice in Santa Cruz area for a surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

I have had 2 procedures done and will have another. My two favorite surgeons are Dr. Waddle and Dr. Anane-Sefah: they are the most caring and attentive surgeons I have ever met (unfortunately, I've met way too many arrogant and self-absorbed surgeons and am grateful to have two wonderful guys available. Dr. Waddle takes ample time to discuss the procedures and possible outcomes (some I don't really want to hear about, but he insists); he has a great sense of humor and puts me at ease in the office and in the surgical suite. We are blessed to have such a wonderful surgeon in our little corner of the world!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I had a very different experience with Dr. Waddle than the other two patients and saw him for three procedures. During all three he took the time to explain things to me, listened carefully and was an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

I have had two experiences with Waddle, both with older people who will not question a doctor. He caused great unnecessary pain to the first (cancer patient) by yanking quite hard on her drainage tube. She practically jumped off the table. She was in an extremely weakened state so jumping was not a natural act. He performed three operations on the second man for rectal cancer. He told this man that he (after going through much suffering, mis diagnosis, etc) that he could operate to make him colostomy free. He did not succeed and this man was further weakened. He is highly unaccessible, glib, sloppy in his work and manner.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

I had been very ill with what seemed like a bad complication from lymphocytic colitis...was bleeding from the rear, and in great pain. Dr. Waddle insisted that I had an infection, and wanted to drain it right there. As I tried to take it all in, he said, "I have people waiting. Make your decision, I can't be here all day." When he approached me with a large syringe, I shifted and told him that I was extremely frightened. He rolled up a piece of gauze and said, "Bite down on this." At that moment I got up and left the office. I didn't know that we were still practicing medicine a la old west. Arrogant, dismissive man. (I ended up having colorectal cancer, stage II-III). He does not inspire confidence; rather a sensation of the patient's being a hassle.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Dr. Brian Waddle's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

HIP