Ratings for Dr. Michael S. O'Brien

Dr. O'brien is wonderful! I saw him back in 2004 for a torn ACL and then recently after my car accident. If you want a dr that you can talk to and does what is in your best interest, he is the one!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Dr. O'Brien is probably highly skilled in orthopedic surgery. He has a seeminly pleasant bedside manner - he will look you in the eye and shake your hand. However, he is rather abrupt. He agreed to take my husband on as a patient after a severe car accident, 14 broken bones, surgery and a lenghty stay at UVA. While my husband was at UVA, he developed a *physical* (not psychological) addiction to the pain medication. Neither my husband nor I knew anything about this possibility. Dr. O'Brien's nurse claimed she never heard of any such thing and told me to give him Advil. Dr. O'Brien did not give my husband any kind of tapering plan for coming off the pain medicine, even though he agreed to take my husband as a patient. Nor did he refer my husband to another specialist who could have helped him taper off. I think the way he and his nurse handled this problem was absolutely unprofessional and irresponsible.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

HE WAS GREAT HELPING MY SON WITH HIS FOOTBALL INJURIES. A LOT OF THE TEAM GO TO HIM FOR THEIR CARE.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Dr. Michael S. O'Brien's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1996)