Ratings for Dr. Susan M. Deluca

The staff is terrible-rude (except for Andrew) I think he actually cares and listens as for the rest they are soooo full of themselves uug! Dr. Deluca is a good doctor (if you actually get to see her which is very unlikely ) I actually made 5 appts. to talk to the doctor ONLY due to a serious problem for me anyway. The first 4 times I ended up waiting forever just to get an appt. then over 1 hr. in the office and still ended up having to see Leanne or Jennifer because the doctor was so busy. These two haven't got a clue and walk around with their nose up in the air makes for a very uncomfortable experience. My favorite was the 5th appt. I made with the doctor- It was suppose to be 8:30AM I was promised no wait time you'll be the first to see her so I arrive at 8:15 AM only to hear (sorry the doctor called in sick this morning would you like to see Jennifer or Leanne?) I was done playing around with my health after that.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Susan Deluca has been a life saver for my family. Any appointment is worth the wait. She gives 110%. Listens and remembers! My 4 girls that are now adults have seen her since they were born and they still go to her.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Staff was very helpful. I had to wait an extremely long time for doctor to see me. Staff kept me updated on wait time. I know the doctor takes time with her patients but maybe she should change her schedule to see less patients. Doctors make own schedule. Also, by reading past reviews, how can a doctor who has office hour less than 30 be expected to call back all requests. I am happy to speak with any one of her office staff.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

As others have said, since she moved to Beverly, her office staff is the worst. They very rarely get any messages to the correct person, nor do they care. They act like you are bothering them to actually do the job they are paid for. Impossible to get a call back from the doctor, only the assistants do callbacks when they feel like it. Very unprofessional office, Wish she had never left Topsfield !!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Dr. Deluca is a great Doctor but the staff since moving to Harborlite leaves allot to be desired (to put it nicely)trying to get an appt. with her is next to impossible since her staff seems to be in chargeof this.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. DeLuca has great "bedside" manners. She is genuinely warm and caring. When she moved to her new locale - which is farther away from my house - I followed her because I appreciate her intelligence, friendliness and time she takes to discuss my health. You never feel rushed with her. I don't sense I am on some insurance company "clock" like I have with some other doctors. Of course, the downside to that is you can be left in the waiting room a long time because she is probably giving thorough time to other patients that arrived before you. Your best strategy would be to book an appointment earlier in the morning before her backlog starts. Otherwise, if you choose Dr. DeLuca you have to be willing to put up with the wait as the day progresses. As far as the Nurse Practitioners go, I have had some who are fairly knowledgeable, but others less so. The NPs I have had have been very nice and friendly. The front office staff seems somewhat frazzled, perhaps it goes with the territory.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I was Harborlight Medicine patient for 4 (four) years. Susan Deluca was my doctor. I have not seen her once during those 4 years. I was seen by different nurse practitioners (NP). My last 4 visits were related to my cough, I was misdiagnosed 3 times and took a lot of unrelated to my problem medications before I got my 4th appointment, after which they kicked me out from the practice. The staff there is rude and unhelpful; nurses return your call when you are already in the office waiting to be seen by NP and you are lucky if there is not schedule conflict and NP actually has time to see you. They never forget to collect your copayment, but can forget to provide you service. If you are not a patient there yet, don’t even think to go there, if you already are – good luck!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Dr Deluca is alright...when you are allowed to see or speak with her...which is NEVER! Dr. D's office help is a detriment to her practice.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Fabulous people that care and take the time to answer your questions. They are patient and kind. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Service has been increasing declining. Left on hold for over 8 m inutes, then disconnected when being sent to voicemail. NP's do not consult on conditions they are unfamiliar with and the patients health suffers. It's rare you get to see an actual doctor rather than get passed around the nurse practitioners. Then the office delays several days filling prescription refills even after calls AND pharmacy requests so you are without medications. I have been a patient here for nearly two decades and am thorough saddened by the recent treatment.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

Dr. Susan M. Deluca's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1991)

Tufts

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The staff is terrible-rude (except for Andrew) I think he actually cares and listens as for the rest they are soooo full of themselves uug! Dr. Deluca is a good..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Susan Deluca has been a life saver for my family. Any appointment is worth the wait. She gives 110%. Listens and remembers! My 4 girls that are now adults h..."

April 16, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=117147'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Susan" to "Susan M."

October 20, 2013