Ratings for Dr. Gary Redekop

It's hard to believe there is a Doctor this amazing. He is skilled, knowledgable, down-to-earth, patient, accessible and caring. He spent time talking with me, he was very calm, soft-spoken and not rushed, very understanding. I have seen other surgeons at vgh and they are all seem rushed, usually impatient. Not Dr Redekop - he has no airs and attitude and is so easy to talk to. Given he is possibly one of the best neurosurgeons in the world, it is remarkable that he is also a great understanding compassionate person. If he is looking after you, you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I think that dr knows rhe moa better than u. You are proving you must have done something very abusive .why are you on line bullying someone? You dont deserve the hekp goid for her...shame on u!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr Redekop saved my father'a life. He is very polite, professional and friendly. He would do his rounds before a surgery and show up in scrubs. I can't describe how thankful I am. He is an amazing doctor but his receptionist Christine is really terrible at her job. She can't properly address your reasons for calling in and making the appointment, and she would promise to call you back which NEVER happens, it's very difficult to get a hold of her and she is very impatient. I don't even know how I will get an appointment again if she doesn't change her work attitude. I am not even allowed to address my own reason for calling in and she would always say she is very busy.

Submitted December 15, 2016

best doctor. saved me from my large brain aneurysm. had multiple surgeries with him and his team, rough road but we made it fam

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

He saved my life and my cognitive function. I am so grateful that he was my surgeon and that I was taken on. Thank you so much for life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

He is amazing..Christine is awesome ..all heart.very very busy place.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Redekop operated for the second time on my wife on June 22/16 at VGH. The first operation was a ruptured brain aneurysm. Mere words cannot describe how thankful we are for Dr. Redekop's ( and his team's) care, attention and follow-up. My wife, while still on the mend, would not be here today without Dr. Redekop. I have never met a more humble, genuine and truly down to earth doctor. I truly feel he fell from heaven...Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Never failed to visit me everyday of 24 days in the hospital. Aleays positive and patient

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Thank you Dr Redekop for your expertise nd skill . Very frateful to your assistant Chrisitne ,always so posituive and helping . I seen her even help so many people . Yu are both so beloved and helpful chrisine we love you much

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

On February 16/2016 - Dr. Gary Redekop & VGH Neurosurgeons provided emergency OR neurosurgery to our loved one. As we still wait for the best possible outcomes, we are grateful for the Neuroscience(s) team whom assisted on that evening, and then after. Always communicate for your loved one, and ask for information about the healing and care provided, to help you understand the process. Follow up again, as we pray for healing and time.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016