You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gary Redekop

Thank you Dr Redekop for your expertise nd skill . Very frateful to your assistant Chrisitne ,always so posituive and helping . I seen her even help so many people . Yu are both so beloved and helpful chrisine we love you much

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

On February 16/2016 - Dr. Gary Redekop & VGH Neurosurgeons provided emergency OR neurosurgery to our loved one. As we still wait for the best possible outcomes, we are grateful for the Neuroscience(s) team whom assisted on that evening, and then after. Always communicate for your loved one, and ask for information about the healing and care provided, to help you understand the process. Follow up again, as we pray for healing and time.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Redekop is amazing. I can't say enough. Thank you Doctor!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr redekop is amazing and so handsome .Christine is a saint . she went out of her way so many times just for us .she works so hard and this woman deeply cares a nd tries to help every one .I listened time her comfort someone on the phones what a grateful team .bless u both. we need people like you Christine .keep that great sense ofhhumor warmth .I love your inspirations on the wall.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I just did brain aneurysm surgery recently in Vancouver General Hospital. Dr. Redekop is amazing. I think I could not be here if without Dr. Redekop. I deeply appreciate all VGH staffs especially Dr. Grant, Dr. Makarenko and Dr. Mendelsohn. I don't know how to praise but Dr. Redekop save me and my whole family. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

It is not only my own experiment but that of others I spoke to that made extremely thankful and confident about having my left hippocampus removed due to my epilepsy. I am always thankful for you and your group who worked on me. Blessings to you!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

This Doctor left my Mother gorked after surgery. After the surgery he went on vacation and was unreachable. After the surgery she began to hemorrhage and since there was no Doctor around and he was unavailable the Interns could only treat the symptoms with drugs instead of re-opening the incision. This added pressure damage the healthy part of her brain leaving her worse than before the removal of the growth. If only there was someone around to authoress re-opening the incision to relieve the pressure things most likely would have been very different.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

What do you say to someone who saved your life? I had a cerebal hemorhage (brain aneurism) in 2013- my outcome was grim. Thanks to the Vancouver Fire Department, emergency staff at St. Paul's Hospital and Vancouver Hospital, and Vancouver paramedics. I am lucky enough to be able to write this letter of thanks. I don't remember too much, but Dr. Redekop (assisted by Dr. Mendelson) performed emergency surgery - kept me alive, then kept my loving family informed of my condition on an almost hourly basis. Dr. Redekop also advised my siblings to go get checked as it is passed on in families. He was in to talk to me almost every day while I healed. I was in ICU at VGH and my hat and heart go off to the amazing staff - I was quite high on oxycodone and they were all very patient with my opiate induced behavior - they are all angels. After I was moved from ICU to a regular ward, the staff, again was stellar - I am so thankful to everyone. About Dr. Redekop - the stars were aligned for me that day. I was lucky enough to have him draw the straw on me, and, not only did he do that, he talked to me daily - explained to my loved ones exactly what was happening inside my brain, and did so in a kind, intelligent, uncondescending way. His assistant, Dr. Mendelson was the same way - he came in to see me almost every day - he even made sure he shaved off the smallest amount of hair from my head so that when (or if) I woke up, I'd still have most of my hair! People complain about our medical system all the time, but I am here to say that it works! We have the finest doctors available and when we need it, the system is there for us. I had almost every branch of the medical system help me that night, then for the following two weeks as I convalesced. My family and friends who met Dr. Redekop and Dr. Mendelson could not believe their bedside manners - I can not stress enough Dr. Redekop's professionalism and kindness. A possibly horrible situation turned out to be a true lesson in humility - we all learned something from this experience and I am closer to my family and friends than ever - because of Dr. Redekop and all the countless angels who dedicate their lives to helping others.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Nothing but praise for Dr. Redekop and the staff at VGH. Coming up 5 years that he clipped my ruptured brain aneurysm and I don't think I could have gotten better care anywhere in the world.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Gary Redekop's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr Redekop for your expertise nd skill . Very frateful to your assistant Chrisitne ,always so posituive and helping . I seen her even help so many peo..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On February 16/2016 - Dr. Gary Redekop & VGH Neurosurgeons provided emergency OR neurosurgery to our loved one. As we still wait for the best possible outcome..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Redekop is amazing. I can't say enough. Thank you Doctor!"

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr redekop is amazing and so handsome .Christine is a saint . she went out of her way so many times just for us .she works so hard and this woman deeply cares a..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just did brain aneurysm surgery recently in Vancouver General Hospital. Dr. Redekop is amazing. I think I could not be here if without Dr. Redekop. I deeply a..."

November 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is not only my own experiment but that of others I spoke to that made extremely thankful and confident about having my left hippocampus removed due to my epi..."

November 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor left my Mother gorked after surgery. After the surgery he went on vacation and was unreachable. After the surgery she began to hemorrhage and sinc..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What do you say to someone who saved your life? I had a cerebal hemorhage (brain aneurism) in 2013- my outcome was grim. Thanks to the Vancouver Fire Departme..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr. We had to wait a long to time to see Dr. Redecop but it was well worth the wait this man is a saint."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing but praise for Dr. Redekop and the staff at VGH. Coming up 5 years that he clipped my ruptured brain aneurysm and I don't think I could have gotten bet..."

September 8, 2014