Ratings for Dr. Joseph L. Jorizzo

I have taken my son to see Dr. Jorizzo since he was a baby and he is now 4. My son has a small hemangioma on his face. In the beginning we liked Dr. Jorizzo and thought he did a great job explaining what hemangiomas can do and what our options were. We recently visited him again about a month ago and the visit was awful! First we waited over an hour just to be called back to an exam room and then another 15 to 20 min before he ever came in the room. He sat down explained what he thought we should do and before we were even done with the conversation he was standing in the door way about to leave finishing he thoughts. What about my questions? What about the fact I waited over an hour to see you and you just gave me not even 5 min!!!??? If I can help it I will never be going back to see him! On top of it all he said he was going to refer us to another Dr. and we have still not had any contact about the referral.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I will have to agree with the negative reports concerning this doctor. He is not thorough, nor seem knowledgeable. in the four years we have seen him, his bedside manner has steady gotten worst. He treated us yesterday with disdain. He excoriated us when he found out we had decided to stop using a medication he prescribed and started using a safer alternative under the guidance of a local dermatologist. He made it sounds like we were responsible for our son's teeth having become disfigured due to the rare disease he had diagnosed with. He was confrontational and absent minded. He totally forgot that he had referred us to a pediatric rheumatologist and he raised his voice to tell us that he had never called my son's condition scleroderma when we know for a fact he did. He has morphea for pete sake. They are synonymous.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr. Jorizzo was able to successfully diagnose and treat my condition when dermatologists from UNC-CH, Duke and ECU could not. My condition was complex, he lead his team and did not stop until I was diagnosed and treated correctly. I sensed that he was always looking for a challenge and my case certainly qualified. He has always treated me well, took the time to listen to my descriptions of symptoms and been courteous to me. I am usually seen first by residents and frequently other residents come in to hear about my case and I have no qualms with that. If the knowledge they gain from seeing me and learning from Dr. Jorizzo how to treat patients successfully allows one of their future patients to forgo the suffering and ordeal that I underwent, it is worth my time to talk to them. Dr. Jorizzo will always be in my top 10 of great doctors.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

i'm not sure what the problem is but Dr. Jorizzo seems very progressive with accutane, which is a good thing for us with roseacea and acne-prone skin that does not resolve with other treatments. he knows what he is talking about as he looks a lot younger than his age. he clearly knows dermatology and medicine. but he is an academic dermatologist folks....you will deal with residents here.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

A resident saw me. When Dr. Jorizzo did come in with students, he spent 3 to 5 minutes with me after I had driven 4 hours to see him. He did not even allow to me talk about my condition. He repeated what he thought his resident said I had said about my condition, but what he said was not accurate and did not at all describe my condition or what I had said to the resident. He gave an impression that did not at all fit the description of the problem I have been having. Someone was in the room with me when I talked with the resident, hearing everything I had said describing my condition. He gave an impression without any tests, pathology or lab. His impression did not fit my background, work history, lifestyle and overall history. No one is qualified to prescribe or give an impression without looking at the patient or hearing the accurate patient history, or doing research through tests, lab and pathology. Being a physician is a very accountable position, to every patient.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Warm, friendly, professional,knowledgeable. A very welcome experience in a medical world that limits the time they spend with you and treats you impersonally.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I found tht some of the information in my records filled in by the staff was incorrect and not complete.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

Arrogant, disinterested, superficial

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Dr. Joseph L. Jorizzo's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Workers Comp