Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Rubottom

I feel that if I had stayed with Rubottom I would be dead by now.I left him approx. two years ago. Because of his care Or non care. I now have nerve damage (shingles)Constant pain.My left arm is dysfunctional. I had to have a brain/head operation. (he said "some people get that done and some do not). a real doctor told me that I would have died without the operation. My wife left him because he told her that she would have to live with the pain she had. Her New Doctor changed her medicine which solved the problem.His staff was inept. It took weeks to get a referral.if they remembered at all. A white haired evil person was his office manager . His nurse had no mind of her own. I think she was controlled by the evil one. She and the evil one once refused to accept a second opinion I had done by a second doctor. resulted in a 2 week delay for the rotator cup operation.Then the nurse refused to stay an extra 10 min. to give me a preop.which resulted Another delay while in extreme pain

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

1.0 star rating 3/13/2012 . We had been seeking help for years on stomach/throat issues. We were continuously told it was nothing but heartburn. As these symptoms grew into bigger issues his concern grew less. At one point I had told him that her brother had died of cancer and that I was worried, he wasn't. This went on for several years. She was losing weight, she was anemic, her stomach was making strange sounds, she had back and chest pain and he told us to take tums. Her gynecologist even called him and told him something was wrong, he still didn't order any tests to find out what was wrong. He finally ordered a upper gi exam which he told me wouldn't cost too much. I thought that was strange because we have insurance. She then developed a fever and he said it was the flu, after it persisted for three weeks he didn't take notice. Finally I knew I wasn't going to get any help from him, I took her to an emergency room. She was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Dr. is very nice and knowledgeable, always willing to spend time with you. I agree with previous reviewer that the staff is rude.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Been my doctor for years. Nice, no-nonsense guy. Not particularly up to date. Spends a lot of time with you. Great bedside manner. No frills treatment. Excellent for basic treatment. Staff can be rude.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

He spends time with you; talks, listens. I'm involved in my care. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Very friendly, compassionate and knowlegeable physician and staff. The Centinela Freeman Marina Hospital is lucky to have Dr. Rubottom as Chief of Medicine. We are lucky to have him as our physician. A+

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Michael W. Rubottom's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in Marina Del Rey, CA