Ratings for Dr. Thomas E. Barker

Staff is awful when you call to schedule an appointment. Just plain rude. I have worked in the medical field for 14 years and would never speak to a patient the way they do also if your sick forget it, it was 3 days before they could get me in with a bladder infection and that was with his PA.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Horrible and rude staff handling appointments. Never got past making appointment due rude comments by person accepting calls for new appointment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

A very kind caring doctor and takes time to listen to you and explain but his staff are rude and very unprofessional (nurses and admin). They will patronize you and snap back and be rude to you on the phone and in person. The woman at the front announced to the whole room that I owed some $$ on my account. His nurse will nickle and dime you when you want refills. Getting an appointment is also very hard. You should anticipate that you will be sick two months in advance to see him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr Barker was my PCP for several years until I moved back to California 2 years ago. I have a new Doc here but nothing like Dr Barker. He took time, listened and laughed with me, kept my health in a good state and was very thorough - also always sent me to investigate things further if he thought it was needed. Best Doc ever - here it's 2 minutes with the Nurse Practioner- she orders blood work - 2 weeks later the office asst calls with changes in meds - she doesn't know why they're changing!! If you are lucky enough to be under the care of Dr Barker stay there!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Absolutely loved him! Very knowledgeable and up-to-date. Liked him so much, I made my husband change doctors.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Very caring kind doctor. I recommend him to anyone needing a doc. My past primary care physicans were not personable and seemed to just want to get you in and out. Not Dr. Barker.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. Barker is the best doctor ever. He is not only knowledgeable about his medical fields, but he treats you like a human being! He will spend as much time with you as you need. You never feel rushed. He truly does appear to care about you. I often think that he would also make a fantastic minister...that's how caring he is to you. It's like I have a friend who wants only the best for me!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

He is a very good doctor. I will recommend him to any one. He listen to the patient and never rushed any patient if he is hesitent to start a new medicine. He give enough time to patient.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Dr. Barker is a warm, caring doctor that takes the time to speak with you and listen. I would definitely recommend him to all my family and friends! I am 43 years old and like the fact that he is close to my age.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

He is a wonderful Dr. Words fail to do him justice. I definitely have great respect for him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

Dr. Thomas E. Barker's Credentials

• Spanish

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup