Ratings for Dr. Jose F. Gutierrez

I went to him my entire pregnancy and he only examined me one time and that was at the beginning at about 11 weeks he is not check to me since then and I am now eight and a half months and he still has not checked me make sure I was dilated or anything and every time I asked why he hasn't checked me he said he doesn't practice like other doctors do but he has not helped me much at all he knows I miscarried right before I got pregnant again has not given me much advice or comfort I'm just very disappointed in my service and I think I should have switch doctors but I tried to give him a chance I am very unsatisfied

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Dr. G is not a very good doctor. I love the staff the nurses and receptionists are very nice. As for Dr. G i find him to be rude. I would would ask him a simple question and he would look at me like im stupid. Also i told him i was out of prenatal vitamins and asked for a spript for some he said u know you can buy them at the store. Yea well obviously my insurance pays for them with a script, i didnt say that tho. But my fiance asked at the end if he was gonna write the script for the prenatals and the doc looked at him and was like do you have a problem. Sooo rude so i switched docs.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

He makes me feel comfortable even though I would rather be at the dentist than a GYN. exam.He has delivered my babies and I am grateful he did. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

This man & this office make me feel valued, & like an old friend. He will be my Doctor for as long as he is practicing.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

I've been going to Dr.G for years he's delivered my babies and my new grandbaby. He's very casual not the intimidating doctor type. He tends to joke with patients which I love.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

I came in with very specific pain. He sent me off with YI treatment. I came back when it didn't help. My mom came in the room with me to make sure that he took care of what was wrong with me. When I specified I did NOT want her seeing the exam, he said, "but she's your mom," even though I was over 18 and said I didn't want her there. She followed my wishes. He also made negative remarks about my nipple piercings, and eventually told me he couldn't help me with my pain and didn't know who could.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Staff scheduled me for a late appointment, and when I arrived, the doors were locked! They let me in after knocking but rushed me through straight to the exam room (no patients were there anymore) and in 30 seconds the doctor knocked and immediately entered while I was still in the middle of trying to get undressed! Then he went back out for a total of 20 seconds to let me finish (which I barely did). He then looked at me for 10 seconds and said I had an infection and prescribed me an antibiotic for it and said if i keep getting infections I will have to take my IUD out. I told him this is my last birth control option and he sarcastically retorted "or we just can keep treating infections all the time" The infection was a misdiagnosis, anyway. I found out from a urine test w/a different doctor that the discharge was blood left over from my last period. I never bothered filling the prescription.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Dr. G is great! I feel like I'm with friends whenever I'm in the office. Dr. G always answers any questions if he doesn't have the answer he'll find it. His staff goes out of there way to halp you out as well. Love him! He'll always be my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2007

Dr. Jose F. Gutierrez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1977)

Tufts