Ratings for Dr. Millin C. Budev

My cataract surgery was literally life-changing. My only regret is that I waited so long before getting it. I was extremely nearsighted (-12 and -13 power), and I had a significant astigmatism in both eyes. I was never a candidate for Lasik, and the power steps in contact lenses never gave me the exact power I needed. When I moved to South Carolina last year, I barely passed the eye exam at the DMV. I had to get cataract surgery. My eye doctor recommended Dr. Budev even saying that he would send his parents to Dr. Budev. Dr. Budev has a warm and comforting manner and gives you a quiet confidence that he knows what he is doing. He was sensitive to my concerns and answered all my questions. And his results were better than could be expected especially considering where I started. I don’t need corrective lenses for driving anymore. I am seeing at or near 20/20 with both eyes. I could not be more pleased. I don’t remember ever seeing this well. Everything is so bright and clear. For me, Dr. Budev was a miracle worker, and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

I was a self-pay patient for Dr. Budev and the experience was well worth it. He explains everything in simple terms and the office runs like a machine but with a great personality and culture. My outcome for lens replacement was perfect and I progressed exactly as Dr. Budev explained. From start to finish - a perfect experience. This physician and Carolina Cataract & Laser Center are your one stop from excellence in simple and complicated procedures.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

There is no other doctor that can compare. I recommend Dr. Budev to all that want a responsible, professional , loyal, intellectual , and caring. doctor. Having surgery in his office is like a new leaf on life. You will not regret anything, doctor or surgery. Tammy

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Budev and staff are the best. Both my wife and I are thrilled with our recent surgeries. It is like a new lease on life! My only regret is not having the surgery done years ago, but I didn't have cataracts then.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Great!!! He was nice pleasant and as scared as my wife was she now sees better then ever.Can't say how happy we are with the results.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I had cataract surgery followed by permanent lenses, (top of the line for everything), done on both eyes by Dr. Millin Budev. My Optometrist of 20 years recommended him. Wow, was she correct. I was scared silly to have my eyes done and afraid of pain also. Let me put any fears you may have to rest. Dr. Budev is a humble and fabulous clinician. He explains everything; answers all your questions; tells you the risks and numbers that correlate thereto; while making you feel comfortable during conversation. I had by right eye done 8 days ago and my left eye yesterday. I am already seeing at 20/25 out of the right eye and something close thereto out of the left eye done yesterday. When I got home yesterday after surgery, I went to my mini tablet and was writing emails and reading mail that I had not been able to see prior to my surgeries. A neighbor stopped by with a gift and said "should you be reading so soon?"........It never occurred to me that I was seeing so well that I should question when I could read. It seems more amazing when one considers that it takes about 30 days for the eye to completely heal, and I am told it'll get better. I was actually able to see fine immediately after surgery on the drive home with my husband, and I noticed how much brighter the colors around me now seemed. I also noticed today at my day-after follow up that Dr. Budev is easy on the eyes, (you'll pardon the intentional pun). Thank you Doctor Budev. You are a wonderful doctor and I am so happy to have you as my doctor. I know that he will be there for me in the future, as he was certain to tell me not to hesitate to call if I needed him. Dr. Budev's staff was also excellent from inception to completion. The office is run like a well-oiled machine; one part depending upon the next to operate.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Budev was exceptionally patient with me and walked me through the process. I felt so relieved to know that I was in good hands .

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

I have had the most "fortunate" experience of having Dr. Millin Budev perform my cataract surgery recently. I went to him after spending over a year trying to get the prescription in my glasses right, with no success, and finally realized I needed an evaluation to see what the problem was. It was determined by Dr. Budev I needed cataract surgery on both eyes. I decided to go forward with it with no hesitation after a thorough evaluation and explanation of what I required. Dr. Budev took a much longer time with me than any physician ever has. I was very comfortable going into this procedure. He also has a top notch staff and his office is run so efficiently. I was well prepared for both surgeries knowing exactly what to expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Budev to anyone who is anticipating cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I was referred to Carolina Cataract by my optometrist for laser vision correction surgery because he thought they were the best in the area. First, the facility and staff is top notch! The staff was very punctual for each of my appointments and I did not have to sit in the waiting room long from my scheduled appointment time. After a series of tests, I met with Dr. Budev to review my results and options and advised which treatment options was best for me. He went over the pros/cons/risks/advantages to each option thoroughly. When it came to my surgery a few weeks later, he met with me prior to surgery and explained everything that was going to happen thoroughly during surgery. During surgery, he again talked me through each step of what he was going to do prior to doing it and reassured me throughout the whole process. It was a highly professional experience! My vision is now better than 20/20 and as clear as can be! I saw my optometrist for the follow-up after surgery and he was impressed at how well my eyes were taken care of. I highly recommend Dr. Budev and his staff!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Budev is a great physician. He performed laser and cataract surgery on both of my eyes last year . I now have 20/20 for distance and over the counter glasses for close up. He is very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. He answers all of your questions and is not in a rush like most doctors today. He explains everything before the procedure and also what to expect afterward. His staff is excellent too. They answer all of your question and spend as much time with you as needed. The surgery center and staff did a great job too. I would recommend Dr Budev and his staff to everyone. He reminds you of what doctors used to be. Kind, caring and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Dr. Millin C. Budev's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1999)