Ratings for Dr. Rocco R. Calderone

My experience with Dr Calderone have been very positive. as a Physician. Would recommend him for Spine Surgery to anyone. Negative aspect of Dr. Calderone , he usually not available .Impossible to get to see him WHEN NEEDED. I recently had to go to ER for an issue, ER Doctor told me that I needed to see Dr. Calderone for the injection to alleviate my condition, ER does not give injections. Today I tried to see him for my issue, impossible, office was to busy. Staff was very uncaring, Dr. Calderone 's, back medical assistant would not give the courtesy of talking with me about my issue. Dr Calderone, has performed 6 orthopedic surgical procedures on my body over the years. One would think the staff would take a moment to talk to a long time patient. Not so. I would rate Dr. Calderone very high for his medical knowledge and surgical expertise. I would rate his medical office very low for their patient communication. Not just for this issue but for past experiences with Dr. Calderone

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Calderone performed a total knee replacement surgery on me after 35+ years of arthritis. I did extensive research and asked all the questions about complications, etc. I woke up from surgery with a complete foot drop! That was never discussed. My nerve had been stretched too far. Not only did I have to recover from a difficult surgery, but also a foot that didn't work. 2 1/2 years later, my foot is still not 100% and I need to have my knee re-done because it was put in too tight, only bends less that 90 degrees and straightens to no less than 10 degrees. This was not the outcome that was discussed. Although I didn't have a choice as this was the last option, Dr. didn't even show concern or empathy when he messed up my foot or was frustrated with therapy because my knee wasn't working as it should. After a person goes through this type of surgery, it would be nice to have a doctor show a little extra care and bedside manner when he was the one that ultimately messed it up.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I consider this Orthopedic Surgeon to be the best of the best in this geographical area. He presented me with the options of how to resolve my spine problems and what the outcome out be with each option. I elected to have surgery which he performed well. The final outcome was positive and as predicted. I would recommend this surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Calderone has been my doctor since 1098 when I had an auto accident that nearly cut my arm off along with other injuries. Had I had another doctor I would have lost my arm. But Dr. Calderone's persistence and skill allowed me to keep my arm but have usage of it as well. He has been my doctor ever since. In 2009 he replaced both of my knees and did a magnificent job and I am pain free and my knees work terrific. My Physical Therapist said he has not seen such an excellent knee replacement in all of the years he has treated knee replacement patients. He is also helping me with my back issues which are many. Dr. Calderone is not one to rush a patient into surgery if he thinks the odds are not to the patient's advantage. I appreciate his expertise, integrity, and honesty. He also helped us with our daughter who was in an auto accident in 1999 and catastrophically injured. He helped us find a doctor experienced in the surgery field she needed. Mary & Kelly are terrific.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Having been a nurse for over 44 years I have found Dr. R. Calderone professional and knowledgable with a supportive team to back him up. Highly recommended. He looks at all aspects of the patient's lifestyle prior to formulating a plan of action with the patient's best outcome in mind. Professional and upfront of what he was going to do in simple, nonmedical jargon easing a person's mind over their upcoming surgery.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Doctor gave my daughter very good care when she badly sliced her hand open.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Doctor was arrogant and uncaring. Worst of all he did not listen to me, and missed a very serious injury, which cost me MONTHS of needless pain[Thankfully, a phyisical therapist, did notice it, and suggested another Doctor, who thankfully took care of the problem.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2007

Dr. Calderone an A.M.E. was OBVIOSLY WORKING FOR THE "BAD GUYS", A court appointed Dr. visit is supposed to be "NUERAL IN OPINION",if you do not believe this doctor has provided that please inform the attorney you have or the WCAB JUDGE.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2007

Dr. Rocco R. Calderone's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Massachusetts