You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John B. Long

It took great pains for my mother to get to Dr. Long's office for a followup appointment after he amputated one of her legs. But were were told she needed to make the visit. A house call was out of the question. Once in the office, my mother waited more than an hour in the waiting room, and then, when it was her turn, Dr. Long took the briefest look at her and sent her on her way. After that experience, she was more reluctant than ever to go back to his office. This delayed necessary treatment. In the end, she needed to go back. He had to amputate her other leg. This doctor, in my opinion has a cavalier attitude, and that arrogance interfered with my mother's treatment.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2009

Dr. Long performed a Carotid Endarterectomy upon me which is known should only be done by the most experienced surgeons, and he let a 6th year resident perform all or most of the surgery. I was awake during the procedure, therefore could hear everything which was going on, otherwise I would never have known. When the female resident asked if they would use a patch (which is usually done when the patient is a woman, due to smaller arteries), he told her "No, if the patient was 50 or 60 and going to live another 20 years, we would". Also, the normal procedure from everything I have read is to retract the exdternal jugular vein during this surgery, however he divided mine, (which is shown in the OR report) leaving me with decreased ability to drain the blood from the scalp and face on that side, and compromising the lymphatic drainage system, causing permanent swelling in the face and neck. I was also left with tinnitus.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

Dr. John B. Long's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=116801'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.2

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "John" to "John B."

April 8, 2012