Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Sterling

I was referred to Dr Sterling after my first knee surgery was not successful. He did another surgery and I was still no better. When I talked about the pain I was still having he said maybe I need to go to pain management. I did not have knee replacement surgery to go to pain management. His secretary Tonya was rude and I am not sure exactly what her job is cause everytime I called for something she said she doesn't do that. She doesn't even schedule appointments.

Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Sterling is cold and unfeeling,his nurse was just as bad. You could only talk to dr. sterling through his nurse whom was extremely difficult to get ahold of. The after care was a horrible experience. The office neglected to get my address where is was rehabilitating, and it took over a week to get any nursing or pt started. I was so stressed out, and was not getting any response from the office. DO not go to him!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

My daughter visited this doctor for an acute bursitis of the knee. She was in extreme pain and needed an injection of cortisone. My husband, a surgeon, had told Dr. Sterling about her condition, and my daughter also informed him of previous reflex sympathetic distrophy. He sent her home with advice to get an ace bandage and start PT. He said if she was not better in 3 days (from Friday to Monday, and of course there is no PT on weekends), she could e-mail him and he would inject her knee. She spent 8 hours in the emergency room the next day and was much worse. Dr. Sterling wouldn't even come into the hospital. His resident refused to inject her knee and sent her home with nothing for pain, no brace, nothing. He also refused to talk to my husband by phone. He knew my daughter had to start her first day of dental school on Monday. He had no compassion, no empathy, no sympathy. He just didn't want to be bothered.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

Dr. Robert S. Sterling's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)