Ratings for Dr. David A. Godwin

I was a patient at another clinic and somehow got my hormones all out of whack. A neighbor recommended I go see Dr Godwin. I was very hesitant at first because I didn't want to see a male doctor, but finally decided to give it a try. Within a few months, my cycles were straightened out and I was feeling like my old self again. I give Dr. G 5 stars!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

Dr. Godwin is the most concerned and knowledgeable physician. Great care and wonderful bedside manner and greatest concern for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I recently had a hysterectomy performed by Dr. Godwin. After many years of heavy bleeding and pain, I am now pain free. He did the surgery using the robot. My recovery has been so much easier than I thought it would be. He was so caring throughout the whole process, I am so glad I followed my neighbors recommendation to go to Commonwealth Womens Care.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Terrible diagnostician. I had a pain. With barely any exam, asked me if I wanted a hysterectomy. After seeing him for years and allowing him to perform a procedure on me, I realized he is only in practice for the money. I realized later, I did not need the procedure but took his recommendation. No privacy in office. Charged me full rate for a followup. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I have gone to Dr. Godwin for years. I have found him helpful and knowledgeable. The staff is excellent!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I moved here in Sept. of 2016 and was having trouble getting in to see a gynecologist and was having a minor problem with my hormones and really didn't want to wait any longer. I called Dr David Godwin's office (Commonwealth Womens Care) and he was able to fit me in his schedule the next week. He was such a good listener and understood my problems and I am feeling SO much better now.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Godwin did my hysterectomy a few weeks ago. He's a super nice guy and compassionate, helped ease my fears and answered all my questions. Wish I'd found him years ago! The staff is all wonderful too! You're treated like a person in their office.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I went to Dr. Godwin because I felt like I was just having too much pain and couldn't figure out why. He found out that I had ovarian cysts and did a procedure on me and now I feel like a new woman. The nurses in his office were very caring and I didn't have to wait months to get an appointment like you do at some offices. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a gynecologist.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Faced a hysterectomy, of course had concerns. Dr Godwin made me feel less anxious and confident in his abilities. His patience and concern with my surgery and post op concerns was excellent. I am very pleased with him his staff and concern for his patients. He certainly made this ordeal alot easier and less worrisome for me...

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Excellent experience - Dr. Godwin made me feel very comfortable and treated me like he had known me forever after the first time we met.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. David A. Godwin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)