Ratings for Dr. Maisie Tam

have beeen a patient of Dr Tam for many years. I have always felt very comfortable with her. She is very pleasant,knowledgable and speaks to me in detail regarding my diagnosis and treatment plan. She allows me to participate in my plan of care and follows my progress closely. If a change in my plan of care is necessary she spends an adequate amount of time with me reviewing my care. I would highly recommend this very pleasant, thorough ang knoweledgable physician to anyone in need of dermatology care.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I have seen Dr. Tam twice. She is very pleasant and professional, and speaks with great confidence. On both occasions, she asked me many detailed questions, then was able to zero in on the problem and treat it. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

It was my first time at Lahey dermatology and my first and last time seeing her. I felt Uncomfortable when she walked in the room , I should have left then and rescheduled with someone else. She may need some social skill training for seeing patients. Seriously!!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr. Tam is competent, however she has very poor social skills. I always feel rushed, unlistened to when I see her every six months for a melanoma check (post surgery). I have not changed doctor's because there is such a shortage of dermatologists and it's next to impossible to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Very knowledgeable, skilled clinician. Absolutely no personality-you could be dealing with a robot. Addresses the concerns you came with-does not go extra mile to make sure everything else is ok. I keep meaning to change doctors but there is a shortage of dermatologists in Massachusetts and current patients have shorter waiting times. When I need a skin doctor (skin cancer twice, pre-skin cancer three times) I don't want to wait. Plus, as stated she is very competant-just cold to the point of almost being unpleasant.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

Dr. Maisie Tam's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

GHI