Ratings for Dr. Barry L. Freeman

great doctor. doesn't believe in running unneeded tests

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Freeman has been my internist for 7 years. Since I have seen him for so many years, I can usually tell when he is real busy. Even so, he never fails to ask if I have any questions, or if there is anything he hasn't covered with me. He referred me to a GI doctor who did some tests Hendricks. Dr. Freeman called me personally to tell me he was sending me to an OB because of something he saw on the CT scan. That saved my life because I was diagnosed with Stage One Ovarian cancer that was caught so early I only need to be monitored. When my husband or I have had serious health problems, he has called us on the weekend with information or to simply check on us. He is open and will listen and discuss your treatment options. He refers to a specialist without hesitation if you need to see one. The only negative is, he is so popular it takes a while to get in to see him unless it's urgent.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Freeman is a great guy AND a Colts fan! He has been successful in treating my family and I have no problems at all with his "bedside manner". I recommended him to my parents, they liked him so well that they continue to see him on a regular basis for diabetes, and high blood pressure. He or his nurse is promt in returning my calls and/or calling in med prescription. He is down to earth and never talks over my head. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Freeman. If you like stuffed shirts and doctors that think their better than you or talk in terms that you don't understand, then Freeman's NOT the one for you.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2007

Dr. Freeman seemed knowledgeable enough, but his bedside manner was lacking. I didn't feel at ease...I felt like he was "blowing me off." I love all the docs in this practice, but I probably wouldn't choose to go back to him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007

Dr. Barry L. Freeman's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

HealthPartners