Ratings for Dr. Scott P. Ciechna

Don't understand how this doctor can get a negative rating from anyone. I love Dr. Ciechna. While he does have a tendency to speak rather quickly, I find him to be exceptionally knowledgeable. He does not provide services like a know-it-all dictator, but instead, makes sure you, the patient, understands his thought process and then he recommends solutions. He makes you feel like you are playing a very active role in managing your own health. Maybe that approach isn't for everyone, but as an intelligent American born in 1964, I find it to be absolutely refreshing. He and I have worked together managing my health for the last 12 years. I live in Plainfield, IL and was really concerned when he left our community a few years ago. Thankfully, he only went as far as Minooka and I have no problem driving the extra 10 minutes to meet with, what I consider to be, the best Health Care Professional I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

He treats symptoms instead of trying to find the underlying issue, which means he will just keep handing out prescriptions. He has no knowledge of celiac disease. Most people with this disease have severe vitamin and mineral deficiencies and when I asked him to test my levels, he said "no, they are too expensive." I'm on medicaid so he must not like what the state will reimburse him for the tests, so the money he receives trumps patients needs. The nurse calls with results to tests, and if they are negative, there is no follow up appointment, no recommended treatment and the nurse who called me was very rude. I questioned the results and asked her some questions. She said she would ask the Dr. and just hung up the phone. I had to call the office back later to find out the answer to my questions to find out that the nurse and Dr. Ciechna had left early. The only good thing about this office is the front desk staff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Horrible. Rushed through my appointment , feel like he doesn't care about what's really wrong with me. Doc isn't helpful at all... Shrugs off things I tell him. Def will be switching shortly.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Definitely not a good Doctor. Misdiagnosed my condition, when symptoms started to get worse he would only relay messages through the nurse, called in a pain killer after the lab results showed it should have been an antibiotic. I ended up in ICU after 4 days of run around through his nurse. I would definitely advise against trusting this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Great family doc. He has been our family doctor for almost five years.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

Very good doctor. Made you feel like family and explained so you could understand.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Ciechna was VERY knowledgeable and a very nice person. I had my first visit with him about two weeks ago. He was the THIRD doctor that I saw within 5 days and he was the only doctor that was able to help me. His staff was friendly and very helpful. I will definitely be seeing Dr. Ciechna in the future.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

doctor is very moody, I've see him a few times. His nurse should not be a nurse,not helpful and her apperance needs help.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007

Dr. Scott P. Ciechna's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Coresource