Ratings for Dr. Allan H. Friedman

Was diagnosed with a 2" Glioblastoma in a deep/dangerous part of the brain at Rex and told it was inoperable. Doctor Friedman performed a truly incredible 8hr craniotomy to fully remove the tumor w/ minimal deficits. I start radiation/chemo next week to get any remnants. The man is a God Send. if you are having brain issues, he's who you need to see, period.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

Diagnosed with Brachial Plexus Schwannoma. Several of the top neurosurgeons in NC all stated call Dr Friedman to remove it. His world renowned reputation is earned and well deserved. Dr Friedman put me at ease and removed the tumor with no side effects. God bless him and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I had a benign meningioma (2cm X 2cm X 2cm) in the CPA region. Dr. Friedman and Dr. Fukushima worked together to successfully remove 100% of it in a 4 hour operation on Oct 1 this year. Following surgery, my only side effects were an echo in my left ear and difficulty swallowing. It took a while, but today (11/30/15) I am happy to say that these problems have gone completely away. I am the same person I was before the procedure, but in better health. =) I am so grateful to Dr. Friedman and Dr. Fukushima for their amazing expertise. <3 I can't recommend either of them enough.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Friedman and his staff were very professional and compassionate. Dr. Friedman's sense of humor helped eliminate some of our anxiety when our son had his brain tumor surgery. Dr. F. was only one of 2 surgeons who were willing and able to work on what we were told was an inoperable brain tumor. Our son is doing great, we thank God first and Dr. Friedman second!How do you tell someone thank you for saving your son's life?

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Doctor Friedman has operated on my son three times in the last 15 years. He has kept him alive and functional when it seemed no one else could help us. He is patient and cordial with the family. He is respected by everyone at Duke University medical center and other doctors. God bless him and his staff

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

He is an amazing doctor. He removed my primary benign brain tumor in my right frontal lobe ( the only dr that would attempt it & I chose him because of his level of confidence in moving my tumor which was 100% success!) THE BEST GUY EVER! I was home 4 days after my surgery. He is a well mannered man & skilled Dr., If I had to do it all over again today I would definately chose him again.. All around wonderful man, my surgery was performed on 11/4/2010 and I have done wonderful since then! :)

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

My daughter was referred to Dr. Friedman by a neurosurgeon in SC who misdiagnosed her issue as a brain tumor. Dr. Friedman met with her the day after the referral between surgeries and scheduled surgery for her the next day. Her issue was a raging brain abscess which he diagnosed when he reviewed her MRI. He literally saved her life by the surgery he preformed, the antibiotic regime he coordinated and the ICU care he insisted she have. The surgery was May 30, 2013 and less than a month later she is almost fully recovered. Sounds simple, but between the surgery, ICU, and rehab, she was inpatient from May 29th until July 2. He is highly respected by the staff members at Duke . The mention of his name instantly brings comments of "the best in his field", top ranked neurosurgeon,etc from everyone. We met several of his other patients on a follow up visit recently. He changed the lives of many patients and their families. We would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

We chose him also for his skills, but he was rude to me ( wife of patient with brain tumor), was not answering some of our questions, was brushing them off, after the surgery it took 7 hr to get a resident to come into my husband's room to look at the wound and head swelling which then promoted STAT CT brain, 2 wks after surgery at home-- we are still wondering what did pathology report showe( his PA on the phone was not a big help) and next appt is 4 wks out.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr. Friedman is absolutely the best in the World. He removed a tumor that had wrapped around my Spinal Cord and my recovery was fast. I was 64 years of age and diabetic. I would recommend this wonderful Neurosurgeon to anyone. Thank God for Dr. Friedman!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2012

Performed surgery on both my uncle and a co-worker. If I every need a neurosurgeon, he is my first choice. Senator Edward Kennedy came from Massachusetts to see Dr. Friedman. When a person such as Kennedy who could have seen any surgeon anywhere chose Dr. Friedman this speaks volumes.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

Dr. Allan H. Friedman's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)