Ratings for Dr. Terry C. Smith

Please research this provider before choosing him. We had to learn the hard way, I would never recommend him to any friend or family, one example of his quality of character is that he called my husband way late one night and my husband explained to him that he was in a lot of pain and was running low on meds, because my husband had taken his nightly dose of medicine he did not remember the exact directions he was given for seeking a refill, so when Monday came around and he was out of medicine, he was unavailabe and his staff took an attitude with me about relieving the pain my husband was in. Another example, he called late at night again, when I said one moment my husband is just getting out of the showere, he hung up and would not answer the phone when my husband tried to call back. When later asked why he hung up, he replied, I hung up because there is no way he should have been showering alone. He has made snyde remarks about my husband filing for social security and has tried his best to portray my husband as a drug seeker. There are so many more examples I can give on why you should run from this doctor. Everyone we have complained to knows his personality and has agreed with us regarding our experience, but because of professional courtesy no one will publicly speak to the character of this man, but they sure will whisper it to you in confidence. They all know but no one will dare speak up. If you choose this doctor and find yourself unsatisfied with his level of care, it does not matter, it is common practice for a new neurosurgeon to refuse to go in behind another one for 6 to 9 months, so your just stuck like chuck. Oh, my husbands neck and back are not any better. Another example, he sent my husband to another doctor for shots in his back. He used the pain getting worse after the shots as justification for the back fusion. "if your pain is worse that tells me you need the surgery" but he refused to acknowledge or help my husband with the pain. You better bet he got paid for 2 surgeries, but has no care for the quality of life my husband is enduring. He prejudged my husband. Do yourself and your family a favor and run run as fast as you can from this Doctor, I saw for myself that Dr. Kimber is 1000 times better choice.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

A skilled and knowledgeable doctor. He is very progressive and exhaust all options before going into surgery. If you need surgery on your spine, he is your guy! I have never had to wait for an appointment, he is always on time. He shoots you straight, no fuss or fluff. He saved my life, I am very grateful!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Smith is an excellent neurosurgeon. He listens and answers all questions, and he is very easy to understand. He has even called us at home after hours to check on my status. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I love Dr. Smith's no nonsense approach. He gave me four options and let me decide my future. I chose the surgery since I believe in fixing things once and for all. This was my second back surgery (17 years earlier), but my first with Dr. Smith. He is a gifted surgeon and the recuperation is going smoothly. I was able to leave the hospital the same day based on my type of surgery and that I got up and started walking right away. Not that I want any more back surgery's, but if I have the need in the future I would not walk but RUN back to Dr. Smith!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr Terry Smith performed a Lumbar Fusion for me 9/2/2016. I am already pain free. another Neurosurgeon (name redacted) performed an Anterior Lumbar Fusion on me 3/31/2015 and all I received from 18 months of suffering was more pain. Dr Smith has a calm reassuring bedside manor which was a match for me. I recommend Dr Smith without any reservations.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Jerk, law suits after law suits run baby. Run.He has no compassion what a joke those of you that wrote so must of slid by through the grace of god. The man cant even get board qulafied. He doesnt care about his patients once he harms them beyond belief. Go talk to them in pain mgt. Theres many.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Made mistakes in my surgery and my treatment that caused me to seek second opinion and have a second more serious surgery. Withheld records I was entitled to receive. Ask lots of questions and demand answers.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Considerate and diligent he understands that pain does not take a day off. If you are in are in need of surgical evaluation and you are fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr Terry smith, you’re in good hands. Jayson S, C3-C5 anterior cervical fusion and C3-C6 posterior CF.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Smith , was the kindest most sincere and detail oriented Dr. I have ever been too. I was grateful to have found him after my auto accident. I am unemployed and he lowered his fee to accommodate my situation without my request.. He answered all my questions and was a gentleman. I trust him and am grateful of his kindness . BTW.. my wait was under 10 minutes. Michael Goldsholl March 2015

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr Smith was very knowledgeable and explained the steps that would take place in layman's terms so that I fully understood every step involved. Would recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Terry C. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

GHI