Ratings for Dr. Joan E. Kinlan

The Dr. Kinlan that I know is kind, patient, thoughtful, warm, etc.,etc. I don't know who that first person went to but she did not go to my Dr. Kinlan.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

when I called in her in crisis early in treatment, instead of helping me,she told me how much she charged per minute.She types up your bill while she should be listening to you in session. Left session for 5-7 minutes each time - once to find a box for my daughter's project and other to give my daughter a toy dart gun which I did not approve of. She ran over a session by several minutes and told me that she would charge me for the time. I told her that it was the psychiatrist's responsibility to keep track of the time and not mine. She gave me two different prices for seeing me alone and seeing me with my daughter and then switched the price on me without telling me.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Joan Kinlan is among the most qualified and thorough MDs you'll meet, in addition to being compassionate and insightful. Perhaps the "rude and arrogant" rating came from someone who couldn't handle what s/he had to hear, but my experience is that even the bitterest information is delivered by Dr. Kinlan with compassion. If you're not sure, interview her first and make up your own mind.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

She is neither rude nor arrogant but one of the best doctors in the country, google her and find out how much experience she actually has. The person that says she is rude and arrogant was probably taken aback by the fact the Dr. Kinlan hit the nail right on the head with their diagnosis. The person that wrote the comment probably can't come to terms with their problems and denies having the problem in the first place. If you go into any doctors office with the idea that they can not help you and you have no problems, it will be much harder for you to get help. It is very said that this person judged Dr. Kinlan without giving therapy a chance. Especially when she goes out of her way to help all of her patients any time of day. They are her 2nd priority after her family. As a fellow doctor, I recommend Dr. Kinlan as a wonderful psychiatrist, wife, and parent.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2008

Rude and arrogant.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2007

Dr. Joan E. Kinlan's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1969)