Ratings for Dr. Imy Ooi

Wonderful Dr. But forget about seeing her right away, She is so booked ahead.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I am a patient who needs a lot of visits to the doctor since I have multiple medical issues. I have been visiting Dr. Ooi for almost 3 years now. Each time I visit her, half of my pain is gone with her ever lasting smile, care and attention. She is knowledgeable, a great listener, very intelligent and extremely professional. Her way of listening to the patient and involving herself with the patient, her unrivaled support and attention makes her a great asset for the city of Regina. The only downside about her is that she has moved a long way away from my home and her last clinic, BUT I will not go any where else as long as she is in the city of Regina. I clearly feel that she has made a big difference to my life with her care and medical expertise.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Her staff is rude. She is always late even though you have appointments. Not recommended!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I love Dr. Ooi. She is my family doctor and she has always been willing to listen and when she didn't know the answer she has always sent me to specialists just as wonderful as her. She listened to me when so many ER doctors wouldn't and always was able to help figure out what was happening. Sometimes you have to make sure you list all of your symptoms right away as she is busy and sometimes might take the one or two things you listed and try to diagnose you with that. She used to have ridiculous wait times but since she has moved offices her wait times have been way shorter- 30 mins compared to 3 hours.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Not recommended. Husband went to see her and got a misdiagnoses. She told him he was allergic to "laundry detergent". It turns out he had a bacterial infection. That could have been very dangerous. She shows very little CARE for her patients!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

short waiting time, helpful staff and Dr.Ooi herself is very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Would not recommend. Too rushed, have to wait too long to see the doctor. She should really stop booking 5 people at a time into the same time slot. Time for a new dr:

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Staff at the Dewdney Clinic are the worst. The lady at the front is so rude. She has been rude to multiple patients on multiple occasions. When people phone, she just puts them continually on hold, but never actually takes calls. I was able to witness this in my over 3 hour wait the last time I was there. She snaps at patients. She obviously hates her job. I had an appointment for Dr. Ooi a 2pm...didn't get in until 5:30pm.....the kept taking walk in patients as well and they got in before other people that had appointment times. I've seen her many years, and I'm never out of there in less than 3 hours. I have resorted to going to other walk in clinics just to get a simple prescription refilled (something I've been on for 20 years) which they seem are able to accommodate within 15 to 20 minutes versus waiting 3 hours. Switching to a new doctor's office. Also...saw that files of past patients were dumped in dumpster behind the Golden Mile a few years back....yikes

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Very good - wait times a little long but okay. I would like to see a computer in her office. Always friendly.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Nice lady, good knowledge, but just does not feel that her patient's time is of any value.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015