Ratings for Dr. Imy Ooi

Dr Ooi is very clear that she is working towards retirement. However, I have to say I have been going to Dr. Ooi for 25 years and she has helped me through some very stressful health issues. As far as not wanting to help people, I do not agree with the Sep 9, 2018 post. She has always taken my health concerns very seriously and it was her... and her alone that identified a severe overactive thyroid even when all the other specialists kept sending me in the wrong direction and I kept getting sicker and sicker. She is a busy lady... that is why it is up to every patient to be ready when she comes in the room. Its not a "visit"... it's a doctor visits, so have notes, remember what you are there for and want to say, be clear what your concerns are and what your symptoms are and if you are regularly monitoring things - know your numbers (ie: TSH, insulin etc) - its all our responsibility to take our health into our own hands. I keep a binder and Dr. Ooi gives me copies of my results if I ask for them. Dr. Ooi has done right by me for over 25 years by making referrals. She has served the Regina community well and deserves to slow down. I am thankful she has chosen to reduce her work hours and still be there for some of us long time patients - she is easing us in. As to the wait times, I agree - could be 1 hr to 1.5 hr. I work and I am still happy to rearrange my schedule and wait for her... I just sit back and relax until it is my time to see her. I still think it is worth the wait to have her support. I will miss her when she fully retires. Thank you Dr. Ooi for your years of service!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Doctor OOI was Once an excellent doctor way back when I first went to her in her career - she was helpful at the beginning of her career for many years --- but now she comes late for work ---- she smiles sure but she doesn't have patience for any patients anymore -she works only 12-5 Monday to Friday when u see her she is in and out when she come to talk with you - she gets mad fast - she doesn't want to help anymore or do paperwork she ignores the patients plees for help - she is just there for her paycheck now - as she wants to retire - she lacks compassion for the patients even though she pretends to love her patients -I have noticed a big change in her attitude towards me and other patients and other pepole I have talk to who have gone to her - other doctors have been hearing the same thing by patients that have gone to Dr OOI - she is just thete for the money now and for the public - so go to a different doctor - with doctor OOI you have to tell her who u want to go see - she doesn't help anymore - she has lost her good attitude and patience for patients so go to some one else .

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

Very long wait times (over an hour and a half) for a booked appointment. She is always very rushed, so it seems as if she does not have time to listen to why you have come to see her. Staff is unfriendly, maybe because of short staff.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Very long wait with her, it is at least an hour and a half waiting time to see her, but she is fantastic

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Wonderful Dr. But forget about seeing her right away, She is so booked ahead.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I am a patient who needs a lot of visits to the doctor since I have multiple medical issues. I have been visiting Dr. Ooi for almost 3 years now. Each time I visit her, half of my pain is gone with her ever lasting smile, care and attention. She is knowledgeable, a great listener, very intelligent and extremely professional. Her way of listening to the patient and involving herself with the patient, her unrivaled support and attention makes her a great asset for the city of Regina. The only downside about her is that she has moved a long way away from my home and her last clinic, BUT I will not go any where else as long as she is in the city of Regina. I clearly feel that she has made a big difference to my life with her care and medical expertise.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Her staff is rude. She is always late even though you have appointments. Not recommended!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I love Dr. Ooi. She is my family doctor and she has always been willing to listen and when she didn't know the answer she has always sent me to specialists just as wonderful as her. She listened to me when so many ER doctors wouldn't and always was able to help figure out what was happening. Sometimes you have to make sure you list all of your symptoms right away as she is busy and sometimes might take the one or two things you listed and try to diagnose you with that. She used to have ridiculous wait times but since she has moved offices her wait times have been way shorter- 30 mins compared to 3 hours.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Not recommended. Husband went to see her and got a misdiagnoses. She told him he was allergic to "laundry detergent". It turns out he had a bacterial infection. That could have been very dangerous. She shows very little CARE for her patients!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

short waiting time, helpful staff and Dr.Ooi herself is very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016