Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Holt

Dr. Holt is the hospitalist at Northfield Hospital. When he is on duty, our family chooses to be admitted else where. Northfield staff - nurses, CNA, Emergency Room are excellent. Dr. Holt is not. He countermands primary physicians care directives without consulting with them. He stopped medications without consulting family or primary care physician. Arrogant in his commentary, and his thoughtless remarks could easily undermine a patient's confidence in their primary care provider and emergency room staff.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

He is arrogant, does not listen, does not i can directly relate health problems to him..it appears other Doctors are afraid to say anything or correct his diagnosis made with out doing the proper testing procedures.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

I've seen Dr. Holt 3 times for various hospital situations. I thought he was very good, thoughtful,willingly considered what I had to say & worked with me on resolving my problems. He wants to get to the root of the problem...rather than giving medication & sending me home. I greatly appreciated his thoughtful analysis. The hospitalist is a position every hospital needs as too many surgical doctors see patients minimally & if "the book says 3 days post surgery, that's what they do, whether appropriate or not". Dr. Holt took the time to investigate what was wrong & helped me resolve it.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Never let me complete a sentence. Was following a textbook not caring for a patient. Works too many hours and has too few colleagues to confer with to be his best

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Holt saved my husband's life with his persistence. He did not give up when symptoms resolved and tests came back negative. I think he is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Wasn't very knowledgable -- ended up giving me wrong advice

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Inept at best, general knowledge poor

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

Dr. Thomas J. Holt's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Healthnet