Ratings for Dr. Stephen F. Schiff

Found Dr. Schiff credible, well spoken, knowledgeable and supportive. Most importantly, caring. He took the time to answer questions and educate us on the process. The negative experience concerned his office personnel, Colleen. Once we received favorable results concerning a prostate biopsy, she informed us (in a gum chewing type voice) as we were leaving that she knew results were good because as she put it she 'peeked' the weekend before. I had to aloud ask her if that violated HIPAA regulations. There was no response, but silence and a blank stare. So while we worried all weekend about the results and if cancer was present, it was reassuring to know the receptionist knew he was all set. She lacked discretion and professionalism and not someone I would expect to work in Dr. Schiff's office with his caliber. We found it unacceptable. We weren't able to provide the feedback to Dr. Schiff because she intercepts his calls.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Had Dr. Schiff perform a surgical procedure and had disastrous results. I went to him with a condition of moderate to light incontinence, he installed a male sling to tighten up my sphincter to eliminate the incontinence and I ended up twice as bad once I finally healed. He ignored my phone calls, on one post-op visit I was told to come to the office, that the doctor would see me, and when I did, he ignored the fact that I waited 45 minutes for him to see me, and he left the office, knowing that I was there, and had his nurse look at me instead. It was as embarassing for her as much as it was for me. Dr. Schiff presented himself very professionally at first, but after he did the surgery and got paid - he was the worst. I think he should not perform surgeries that he's incapable of doing successfully.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

Dr. Stephen F. Schiff's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Warwick, RI